viernes, 30 de marzo de 2012

Fancy Cosmetics...

One thing that I like, a lot, from Lotro are, without any question the Cosmetic option. it's not just that allows you to look awesome and epic all the time, with several different clothes for almost all the different things that you have to do, such as healing looking gear, dps looking gear, tanking looking gear or maybe just silly looking outfit... But the very best is that allows you not to look as a clown while you are running around Eriador saving the Middle Earth.

When I used to play WoW or DDO, you had to confront the fact that you may look like a clown, with purple shows, white legs armor and sky blue chest armor and a pointy helmet. This option actually helps you to look even better than many epic and totally capped characters that care less about their gear and look.

And obviously, since I decided to get some time to Lotro again, I have been working a lot in my Outfit gear. I'm not happy looking just awesome, I need to be epic, maybe legendary... maybe epic, legendary and awesome. So far, I mostly failed in my goal but I do really like how my character looks like in the game, some influences are from Castlevania: Lords of Shadows, Grabriel's armor, while other... mostly the same too, but with different colors. I think that Only Varsalla have a elegant outfit for healing and one fitted for war and yelling duties.

Let's start with Khas first :3

Khas, as a hunter, needs a lot of cover and stealthy gear, since I dont like the green (At least too much) and I really like the dark, red blood-like called Crimson, I decided to use both Cosmetics with that dye and few similar objects. They are basically based on Castlevania (As I said) and the Horse from the faction at Angmar.

My primary Outfit gear, for direct war, less stealthy and more pew, pew, pew
pew, pew, pew!
And as I said: Goes perfectly with my horse. (Which still have the normal name: "Unbroken Will"
I want to change it but I have no idea for now)

Stealthy mode, perfect for Crowd control duties and way more easier to run with.

The next example it's my new Rune-keeper, which I'm having a lot of fun with, (Maybe you dont know or dont remember but I used to have one, a male elf... which.. I deleted without remorse) Since this character is going to be for healing mostly, if I level her up, I decided to work the gear in that way. So far, the healing duties are not as I wanted so I have to level up a bit as dps, which allows me to use this...

Almost heavy armor looking, just to feel a bit more confident about my almost non existing
armor (Light) and a winged Tiara to go at hand
with my metal shoulders. Gloves and boots belongs to the Ex-pack set and combine a lot with my belt pouch stuff.

As for healing, it[s green.... only due the effect of healing that are green, and masked. Mostly, this is like Khas war gear...
But in green makes me feel like if I were a field medic with a masked hood.  
Playing with my Rune-keeper with this look its quite awesome, at least in the visual duties. looking stronger than normally is helps a bit when you die a lot of times due your almost non morale bar and zero armor... So far, with this toon, I'm looking forward to get the undying title, I haven't died or at least... I dont remember... lvl 20 will tell.

The last of the one that I decided to show is Varsalla, which have similar pieces but more with the ranger set from the almost last book epic line (yup, the chatty quest line).

Healer mode, if I eventually decide to do that stuff, with gloves and boots from the Ex-pack set,
Chest is a heavy armor, black dye (duh!) and the shoulder belongs to the Ranger set (Chatty stuff)
I do like that Outfit, looks extremely elegant and makes me feel like I should be healing someday with her, probably I will try but so far: I need to take her to lvl 75 first.

The battle gear... mostly Ranger set... in fact, I do believe that its only Ranger set...
Why I decided to use that one, well, simply, to remind myself that I'm not a heavy armor user and I can go around, running like a crazy elf using all my AoE attacks to pull the mobs... and yes, i have died a LOT with Varsalla lately, so... I need more visual help in here to remind me how bad I have my gear and my low morale hit bar as well.

WoW got something like this option, but you can carry only one type of outfit on you and it cost you some gold to transform the item that you have in what you actually want. Good thing is that you can apply it to shields and weapons, no matter what as long as they have the same family type, like two handed swords with only two handed swords, or maybe axes with axes, staffs with staffs... sounds obviously but still... they charge you for using the Transmogrification option... What a word, right? transmogrification... Amazingly I can remember that one but I dont know how to write Neighboord, Neighbhood, or Neighborhood... meh.. any way...

Hope you enjoyed my unusal post about cosmetics, it's boring, I know, but somehow it's quite interesting if you are not familiar with this feature of the game. Well, I gotta go!

Have a great night my friends, and I wish you a great beginning of a awesome weekend!








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario