lunes, 16 de abril de 2012

Dungeons & Dragons Online

Before LotRO was Dungeons & Dragons Online, the first game of Turbine that I played after WoW. IOt was during the time that we were expecting for Cataclysm, the Lich King was already long dead and our raid was having some troubles for several personal reasons (Of each player). So many of us decided to seek for new sources of fun and one of them was DDO, I already had one character there, in Orien Server, but was long forgotten and I had to remake it all over again.

My first impression with DDO was kinda weird, the game controls are a lil' bit horrible if you compare them with WoW and the graphics were a lil' bit to ahead that WoW in what realistic means is. The game was a total change but it was worthy. I had this paradigm about the quests-instances, I were, in fact, against them at all time, I was more used to the fact that you could meet any random character in the game in almost everywhere but eventually, when I saw the quantity of players online, I saw that this was the best way ever for that.

DDO was a era of changes, I had my main (Serenie) who is a Fighter lvl 4 and a Rogue lvl 3, a total mess, a complete disaster, but a resourceful adventurer for the initial quests and some medium-low levels (7 or so). I used her for important things, for perils beyond our comprehension... While, with the other character slot I was just rambling about, working on impossible characters. One of them was Vharkham, the Paladin who had full plater but lots of points in jump and a feather fall ring. There's a instance, like a Forge or something, located in one of the districts, that you need to climb between lots of pipes to a unthinkable high... He was capable of. But eventually I got bored and I made the new Vharkham, the wizard...

I present you: Vharkham, the weird Wizard.
This guy is a mess as well, dangerous fellow that all his spells are basically AoE, magic missiles and Acid arrows, mastering the dark arts of raising skeletons and cursing others, dressed up with some... primitive robe... and quite old. This guy was funny, I used to die a lot with him since I was looking forward to see how great could be a solo wizard in instances. The mana bar in here helped a lot, also the cloaks and the rings of healing and several potions and scrolls with different spells, but still, sometimes, it was not enough.


Near the Market in Stormreach.
I didnt wanted to "play" with him today, in fact I was just looking forward to get a new material for this blog since all the weekend... well, not all, all the time that I could play, was with Ricther (Who is still undefeated and is at lvl 29, I'm so proud of that boy!). Honeslty, I didnt wanted to overload this week with post of him and stuff that I have already said, so I saw the icon of DDO there, alone, near the Lotro Icon and I said: "Sure, why not?"

the Market place. I really like this town.
This game brings me good memories, I used to play DDO with Alawren, Lodakai and Nyx and we were looking forward nikki and Vhalerian to jump in but they never did. Funny fact: There were already in LotRO, at Silverlode server, in fact, its for them that I heard that LotRO went for free, I think, so I could try it at least once. Returning to DDO, this game is such a nice and challenging, really challenging stuff, each instance could have several difficulty levels, from Easy, Normal, Hard, and other one or two more (I can't remember). and the hard option its already hard enough.

But I will speak about that later, for now I will stay on the fact that perhaps this week is all about DDO in here :3 Yes, a entire week if I get enough material for it, while we take a break from LotRO and I could work a bit more in my experiment. I already got a Tank that is soon to reach lvl 75 in there.

Still, on the market, in the outer-circle.
This first post in weird, I know. The moment that I was taking the screen I had this face of "I dont know what I'm doing", just running and pressing several buttons thinking that perhaps that was the way to take the screens... but no, it was control + p. so several good shoots were not taken.

overall, and for now, if you like D&D, this is a game that you should try, not only because its about Dungeons and Dragons and its Online, but also for the great stories, the incoming expack (Menace of the underdark or the dark or the underworld, I dont recall it now) and most of all: Many of the instances have a Game master that tells you about the place, if its smells, the decoration, incoming random bosses, traps and mysteries. its basically like playing D&D but a bit more... free-style.

And yes, the penalties are applied, so forget about swimming in a full plate for a long time or carrying several two handed axes and several full plates if you are a mage. When I said that this game was challenging I was, honestly, not kidding about.

Well, have a good night friends of mine and see you tomorrow! good hunting as well :3

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario