jueves, 12 de abril de 2012

Phase I, Theory -Boring part-

Well, I'm back with my experiment, and this time I even made some stuff while I was having my lunch that will help to explain it a bit better. Taking a step back to explain how this syndrome works is, without any doubt, the best thing to do in this post.

Before you read this, have in mind that all this junk-writting is basically invented by me and this is how I see the players in this type of game once they reach to cap level. None of this is actually a real study but just a goal that I want to expose, with result (Good or bad) about the games and all the names that I'm using to denominate the phases may exist in some way inside the Psychology. Like for example the name of my first syndrome: The Inner Circle.

The Inner circle es a paradigm between old players (Keep in mind that "old players" are player that were before the first expansion or they joined during the first expansion, Like for example in WoW would be "Vanilla WoW players" and "Burning Crusade Players" excluding "Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm; or/and in LotRO would be "Shadows over Angmar players" and "Moria Players", excluding Siege of Mirkwood, Rise of Isengard and, in some way, Shores of the Great River) have about getting new players inside the core of the raids.

Whats a Core Raider? Simple, a player that is always in the raids (Or at least in the 85% and above of them) during the week and knows his class really well doing a great work and an excellent assistant. Core Raiders are like Jedis, they can be Core Raiders (Light side) which are always willing to help, give advices and help others without judgment... But they can turn into Hard Core Raiders (Dark side) that makes them egocentric players, critics of every movement and selfish in same occasions. Sadly, one of the old good games (WoW in older times) is plagued with this last type of players and are few those who oppose to be in that way.

My experiment is, basically, to find if LotRO and WoW now share that same "disease" that convert nice people into... Something that loves yelling at you and telling you that its always your fault instead of, actually, help you in getting better understanding of the game and rotations. I used to be a Core Raider during Lich King and, thanks to three previous and different phases of the game (Vanilla, Burning and Lich King) I knew my character perfectly so I was doing a great work, but always looking forward to help others in their classes. I even had 6 or so lvl 80 just to see how hard or to see how nasty could be some class at top lvl and with that, help others in some different ways. All that thanks to my old guild Rising Phoenix in Sentinel server, one of the more dedicated as a group and small, virtual, family to help their members in WoW.

Back to the main point: The Experiment, Phase 1!
Yes, that's my hand-writting... and yes, I was bored to hell...
Anyway, I will explain:

(This draw, weird, weird draw, is based on my Kin in LotRO called HISPANIA, at Silverlode Server.)

-The Big (Fancy) Circle its what I call the Core Players. They dont need to be, necessary, Raiders at all, but they assist raids and they are mostly officers or good fellows that are always looking to help. They have earned a great reputation for being good and pure of heart. They want to complete the raids and they work hard on it, help other members to get their gear and look always to make a good group. Sadly, sometimes, this Inner Circle become a impenetrable barrack that its quite hard to go inside (Specially in Small groups, for 3 or 6 players. Usually this circle is compose by 4 up to 6 players.

-Square: (Rhombus, in fact) is what I call "Necessary classes that are not core player". Bold players that decided to level up a great class, either healer, tank or support class. Bad thing about this rhombus is that those players knows that their real life goes first, no matter what. Even spending three hours looking at the stars alone is better than playing Lotro. They will help as long as they are online and have free, spare time. I say that this spot could be compose up to 4 players, nothing more than that.

-Triangle: is what I call "Not Necessary classes with Core-wannabe raiders". These good souls love the game, they want to raid and they worked hard in getting not only to the cap level but the requirements to enter in each instance by themselves. Sadly, they level up a class that its not as necessary as others. I know that all the classes are important, but lets be honest: the game have a ratio of 3K champs, 4K Hunters, 30 Loremasters, 20 Burglars, 10 Minstrels, 15 Runekeepers, 3 Guardians, 7 Captains, 6 to 7 Wardens. Yes, I'm talking about those champions and hunters that find hard to get a spot in the raids.

-Floating "Things": is what I call "Casual players". They dont feel the need to Raid, to find funny the first 3 times inside a instance but definitely they will hate the fourth time. When they are Online, they dont bother to say "hi" as often as others players do, in fact, if they can go silently as a shadow, the better. There's a good chance that they have a out-kin group of friends to quest, do skirmish and some instance.

The inner Circle paradigm is based in the difficult work to enter in this 4 up to 6 players, maybe add a 7th player, to the circle so you could become a "Core player". These Core Players could fall victim of the Light and Dark side as well, or stay Neutral, as so far I found out that my Kin is at. Sometimes a bit lighter than others, yet, sometimes a bit darker than others.

I had already started my experiment and in my Kin things were as I expected, My first goal was asking not to get inside this circle but to get some help, from the very beginning, in my healing duties with Varsalla in some Instances 3 and possibly 6 man. Several players posted good ideas, others offered to help, other just realize that what I was asking was perhaps to much and others posted parameters for Raiding, which obviously, I was not interested in.

Since this post went a bit longer than expected, i will post the results of those posts in the Forum in the next one, with luck with some screens, and fancy colored things to avoid this horrible, justified, theory box.

Have a good luck my friends! I shall got o my home soon and I need to be prepared, Lotro and some Series awaits for me in my lair! muahahahaha ehem... er... Good hunting! :3

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario