miércoles, 7 de diciembre de 2011

Crafting, worthy?

I dont know, that's has been always, for me at least, something to discuss about. it is true that Crafting its more than a hobby rather than a real profession, only at higher tiers or when you are just starting the game as everyone else, is when you can actually find a real use to it. For example, I have jewel crafting with Khas, and i normally level it up polishing gems, making few hope tokens and JC guild tokens... but rarely some jewelry for me or any other character in the game.

I'm not saying that it useless, sometimes you can find someone who wants to buy it in the AH or maybe asks you to work for him by making those pieces, if you are lucky, of course. Only professions like Alchemy in WoW or Scholar in Lotro, even Cooking in both, can be use to get some profit eventually. Again, at higher levels.

One good thing of Lotro is that you have the Outfit option, so those vocations that have Armor crafting skills can be benefit for that even more, some of the designs are almost unique and good looking and ppl looks them to make their character a bit more epic, sometimes more brave, even more sexier and sometimes, and why not? funny. Weapon crafting skills are always asked at higher tiers when you want to go to raids and you have nothing better than a simple weapon that you could change for a better, more decent one, like for example when you reach lvl 60 (like me) and you realize that you have bunch of lvl 55 Legendary weapons in training... yesterday I destroyed them all in order to get some new relics and train better weapons, lvl 59. And I know that when I reach lvl 65 I'm gonna look forward to make a second age weapon just to confront Enedwaith and Dunland with something second age on me... as long as they look good, of course.

But jewel crafting... Out items are easily replaced sometimes or even sometimes even harder to get than a random drop from a boss in a instance, its not fair enough... One thing that perhaps its still good in WoW are the gems, and the skill of making several gems that allows you to get more stats... you could sell them all at any time if you wanted, and maybe its because of that that in WoW the prices at AH were just more than impossible... 500 gold for a 35 str gem? Really? when you wanted to sell it to a regular vendor he offered you no more than 20 gold...

What I can't deny its the great animation while you are working, it was one of the first things that I like it about this game,

Eventually, and thats for sure, you will hate the Clanck! clanck! clanck!
of the hammer and the anvil... but the animation its quite more realistic than other games.

I still dont know how I polish all my gems with a hammer...
And why all of them are red...

And how I polish them by hitting the pincers...
Hardly to believe that I'm at Supreme tier...
Of course, not everything is great in the crafting system of Lotro, the Crafting system, as I said before, is called "Vocation" and each Vocation have 3 professions that you can't change. For example, you will always get the main or core professions, my case its jewel crafting. Also you will get a gathering profession to fulfill your main professions, in my case its prospecting... And then you will get a painful professions, in my case: Cooking. What does have to do Cooking with Jewelry? I dont know, I guess that its a balance so you can still earn gold at all moment, or maybe they were just joking around and decided to put some cooking in this vocation... I do not know...

I'm not against cooking, it is a bit painful to level up, especially if you have no gathering skills to work it, and some recipes asks you for different facilities, such as Oven, Master Oven (Which I do understand) and Firecamp... Firecamp... Really? what's the difference between a Oven and a firecamp? in the game both are fueled by logs and its basically fire... And not all the firecamps works as cooking facility, only those that can be made with the skills, or by hunters... the ones that hunters fixs as camps, can't be used, at least, the one of the screen.

Well, you can't see it, but its near the Dwarf...
It is me or this cooking animation its like the SIMS cooking animation? Sorry, I'm just angered against some recipes and the stuff that you have to use, do just to get 6 points per food. have you seen the size of the tools? I do really understand that in a Crafting hall I can use a table for jewel crafting, or anvils... but can you really explain where do I hide that big bowl? I can even use as a shield!

One good thing of the Crafting duties is that makes the Kin to work together, even if they dont know that they are in the same place working, just the presence of many Kin mates under the same name gives the Kin a good looking aspect, as dedicate and working players.

That's Ragnorn, focused on the farming skills.

The Dwarf Pitagoras, making some bars and getting annoying with all the clanck, clanck, clanck around

And Salahaddin... not so sure what he was doing in the Crafting bunker
but he was there, so maybe he was crafting...
Thats why when people ask me about the hobbies of the game, I always replies that also vocations are hobbies, not only fishing. Crafting it could may not worthy all the time, but sometimes, its the best solution for many troubles, you need gold? craft and sell, you need better gear? craft and wear, you want to give a present that its having a party, by any reason... Craft and give. Its worthy, you only have to find for what its worthy of. :)

I'm out, gotta do more things at work, have a good time my friends and see you later!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario