viernes, 9 de diciembre de 2011

Foundations of Stones...

One of the places that I promised to myself that I will never go back again. After surviving with Varsalla all for a very long time, doing quests and dying, not even mentioning the fact that I went lost several times, I learned my lesson: Some places on the middle earth are meant not to be visited. Foundations of Stone is surely one of those.

Yesterday I was talking with Guaguanco (The Dwarf) about the who designed that place... My theory is that the guy who designed the zone was the boyfriend of the one that made the map, they both had this terrible fight and not her or even him were going to apologize. Still, they had to finish the work and sadly they were working "together". Obviously, they didnt cross a word during all the project and thats why the map its so confusing and the zone looks like if it was designed with someone with a lot of rage in his soul. Guaguanco only assures that he, or those, who made this zone are just evil and they dont deserve to be love or even care about... Among other insults, that for obvious reasons I'm not gonna put in here.

Either way, the zone its dangerous, horrible, dizzy and confusing, and still you can't escape from its clutches: The Epic book of Moria, like it or not, sent you there.

Just look at this... in one second everything look like a cave...

Then, suddenly, it looks like hell...
Angmar and FOundations of stones are the two places that I really feel that I dont really have to go, sadly, BOTH are freaking important in this game, no matter if is for the Epic book, the Epic, epic book or just for some legendary traits, those places were designed to be hated, and to be travelled... like it or not. Thanks to the Valars, this was not my first time there, so I got all the trick written in a small book and almost the zone routes engraved in my mind to easy my pain.

Hell must be prettier...
The ugly part of this zone its not that its big, which is in fact kinda huge, but most of the West part is a labyrinth where everything its at the same place in the mini map. The rest of the map, almost from the beginning of the middle from the west part until the very end of the west part is basically a lake... a green lake...

Just swim with your eyes closed and avoid swallowing the water...
Everything should be fine...
It is obviously that this place its important, since this is where Gandalf and the Balrog landed after they fell off from the bridge of Khazad-Dum, and the epic book its all about that, find out what happened with them. The first hint is the well, placed burned hat of Gandalf gently reposing in the middle of the small island at the middle of the huge lake. After that, you have to climb the endless stairs which are in fact kinda endless, and find out that perhaps Gandalf its still alive. No matter if you read the book or watched the movie and you know that he is alive, in the game, remember that your character doesnt know that. That's why you have to go to that place... to find out that...


Random, burned hat appear!

Elite Trolls, everywhere!
After that, you found out that a new kind of devilry is going up down there... did I just butchered the english saying "Its going up down there"? Well, if I didm sorry about that, hehe. Anyway, the elves of Lorien, that for some reason are there and no one in the first hall noticed when they went inside, asks you to go heroic in the deeps of some cave, inside this cave, and put a end to this.

After making some food and getting ready to the cave...
I said yes, I'll go...
I really dunno that this water its actually water...
Fought against trolls, Orcs and goblins...

And saw how this thing killed all the orcs in one hit... And then I had to kill it.
That fight was a lot easier with Varsalla, maybe its just because she could run and attack at the same time while Khas had to stop, aim and shoot... and I was not following any strategy, I just started to shoot like a crazy and run all over the room. but at the end, I won the fight the fight and they sent me to Haldir so I could have a meeting with Galadriel at Lorien... 

And that's all, I'm out forever this place again! happy christmas to me! never go back into that horrible, depressing place again :) 

Honeslty, its not a bad zone, I'm just being a bit dramatic, but one things its for sure, you are going to hate it, its normal, all red, all the enemies are red, you will need to use the name plaque above the enemies heads since they looks just alike the ambient and mostly of them are signature, the map its not gonna help you there, still, the map usually dont help you in Moria either... if you are lvl capped and you are bored, and you dont want to do silly daily quests and want something new, visit this place, as a tourist. While you are in the lvl range: think it twice.

Well, I gotta go, need to fix some screens for the next post, about skirmishes with Guaguanco and i got plenty of screens... lots of them in fact :( And since the office has been quite slow this week, I guess that I'm just killing time.. literally killing time... healthy time that I could be using to do anything else... like sleep :(

Good luck my friends and have a great hunting!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario