viernes, 9 de septiembre de 2011

Adventures on Mirkwood.

Once you end several quests on Mirkwood, and the epic books there as well, In Mirkwood I mean, you maybe realize that you are hungry for more. At least, after stay 1 week in that great designed area of the game, that's how I felt. Thanks to the Valars when that happened to me I was not even near to explore all the zones in Mirkwood and the Ashenslades gave me a great duty and fun as well. Killing undeads and Angmarins everywhere, orcs sometimes and planty of wargs too. Exploring all ruins and that vast valley that seems never to end, and now that I think about it, I was on the south of the vale and never saw the end... It could be a mountain? a invisible wall? Nah.. must be a mountain, that valley is quite deeper down in Mirkwood...

Anyway, since yesterday I did not play Lotro (went out with some friends), I have old screens that I have never posted in here or in facebook, some of them are great quests, epilogues, of the epic book chain that explains what happened after with several of the elves and dwarvens that helped you against the siege of Dol Guldur, but since some of those stories are just to great, others too sad, I wont spoil anything this time, I really want you to complete those quests and feel the plot as it was meant to be.

Well, after checking all the Mirkwood epilogue screens, I reach to the conclusion that almost all of them were huge spoilers, except these three... also part of a quest chain, but there's no way that they can spoil you anything. Mirkwood is, as I said before, a nice area, great  design, huge zone and extremely under detail, and one of the parts that I like it most was this cavern:

woooooooooooooooooooooooow....

I really dont know what is that... but looks awesome...

And the enemies are, at least, proportionally epic...
One thing it is true, some of those epic quests awards your with great items and gives you a closure to many things that I think that are appropiate, like the axe Zigilburk (or something like that) or even few quests with Galadriel as well, in Caras Galadhon, a elven city that I think that its the best of all.. not that Imladris is ugly or Celondim or Duillond are "meh"... But honestly it's hard to compare any of those against Caras Galadhon.. Maybe Imladris can compite in size yet, I'm afraid that its not the winner.

One thing that I realize few days ago is that I have become a bit addict to the Skirmishes on the game. when you are tired of playing in a common way, such as questing or doing deeds, and you feel like you dont have any patience with any player, or maybe you do but you dnt want to go to a dungeon, Skirmishes are the best way to do something, that even if its not new, offers you a random challenge.

Maybe for players with the skills of the hunters, or the heavy armor of the guardians or champions, or the lore masters pets, or defensive skills like the Warden... let's say someone like Burglars and Minstrels (Not Runekeepers since their dps is just awesome) Skirmish represent a way to polish your strategies and skills. since lately the rare encounters are more based on Elite monsters rather than overpowered signatures creatures, it makes you think and plan all your moves with calm and coherence.

Lots of fights, awesome fights!

And rare encounters with awesome creatures... elites, of course.
At the beginning I was a bit disappointed with the fact that the skirmishes marks were not giving a gret reward in skirmish marks as it should be good, but then, after doing 4 skirmish from mirkwood I just saw that the quantity of marks that I had given was pretty good and also a nice gold quantity as well, with a challenge and even closer to get several skirmish deeds, wit titles and skirmish marks as rewards. I'm not clear yet why everyone hates skirmishes, maybe at low level they are a pain since the rewards ask just too many marks, but at top level they are just great.

I love this fight, even if I have to run a lot, I love this fight...
Skirmish are great, either to learn your class, learn how to survive in the most horrible cases and it can be done in solo, duo, small fellowship, fellowship and raid mode... Tier 1, 2 and I think that there's also a Tier 3 as well... I really want to make a Tier 3 Raid someday in a skirmish... it must be just great...

And some rewards are just nice, such costemtics items or even relics, scrolls and many others, I guess that they can become a pain if you do them all the time but try in all the options that the panel gives you and I'm pretty sure that you wont be dissapointed.. besides, the more of you are inside the skirmish, then more risk you are going to get.

Gotta go, need to ned some logos and blah, blah, blah >.< have a good time friends and good luck!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario