viernes, 2 de septiembre de 2011

Raid, step one.

Yesterday was my first raid in Lotro and it was kinda horrible... my only experience in Raids was basically thanks to WoW and those raids have the same system, for example, the interface was quite clear and the attacks were easy and always had a signal to allert that the boss was going to do the nasty attack... Its a kid playground sometimes. It had their horrible times too, but never, never as my experience uesterday in this raid located in The foundation of Stone.

The pulls are not as hard either, basically burn them all with AoE and that's all, loot if there's any loot to grab and walk toward the enemy, in here, the pulls are somehow nasty and a bad pull is not a option, while in others game you can count with a awesome tank or a dedicated healer, in here a bad pull is a test, a extreme test for any well experienced player or even a noob as I.

Usually bosses have steps, phase, moments... any of them are quite clear and, another example, the boss says: "May death burn your soul" and you know that this guy is gonna do a special attack... 

Well, this is the Raid, looks creepy but let's see how this is going...
At the beginning I was quite excited, I couldnt be sure if I was gonna use some spells for the aggro rating or maybe others, with less heals but less aggro as well, what tale? Well, I was looking forward for Heroism but Warding seemed to be better so I went for Warding, I used my scrolls, I got  extra buff on hope, lots of buffs... and thats where all my troubles began... the buffs...


ACK! Where is the morale bar of everyone??
is that a buff? a debuff? aaarrrgghh!!

We didnt die at any pull, but it was quite tough the two trolls and yes, I got one shooted, not so sure why, I was just flying due a hit and suddenly "You have been defeated!" no explanations, no nothing... just dead. I need to say that the Rally and other spell that can revive a character in the middle of the fight is just as good as necessary for those fights, this is a serious game, with serious enemies that have serious attacks... Acid pool? 2 secs or dead, Charge? Dead, Shadowy beam? Dead... No matter what, one mistake can cost your life quickly.


Las pull for the bosses done... lets see what they have to give us...

Usually, in WoW, the enemies are pretty far from the door, giving chances to all the characters to go inside the room and get ready, sadly, this two bosses, which is in fact the same fight, patrols and sometimes are very near the door... I was buffing whn suddenly everyone runned inside and...

OH COME ON!!!
Yah, that was my biggest mistake in the Kin, I announced my noobish movement but those trolls were speaking a lot and they (My kin) didnt read the warnings... obviusly, that was a wipe and I was the one who is goign to be blame at. We killed the Trolls and in fact, we killed a second boss, but the figths were so nasty that I didnt dare to take more screen than the next one... 1 sec of lag in here could mean your doom.

Those were the trolls bosses, something like Blarg y Rhunt... something...
The fight is very hard for the first time, they drop a acid pool in the floor that can kill you in almost 2 secs top, so you have.. no.. no NEED to be running all the time, which makes the work of the healer a bit harder since everyone is running and usually your group can go a "bit" disperse. They can't die with lots of time of difference, so you have to make some damage to one, then to the other, then go again with the first and then with the second, then kill the first and prepared to heavily tank the second... I heard something about a fungus but I really dont know anything about...

In this fight things were a bit harsh with all of us, I died a lot, like 3 times, I wont deny the fact that this was my first running in the raid and I had no idea of what was happening in the room, had to run a lot, thanks to the Valars that Frolix and Fireborn were also helping with the heals (Even if Firaborn is not a healer, he could drop the rock or some HoTs, but at the end we got them and we loot them and I got 2 Lórien medallions :)

From here and further I was quite lost, I was looking forward to do my best yet I was confused and had a minimun of the idea of what all this was about. I did not got any screen, the pulls were nastiers and the second boss was easy, something about some lights (green, blue I think and red) and a Eye that I did not saw but no one died... at the end of the first (and only try) I got dc'd but they handle the situation pretty well and got the boss down.

Raid in here is funny, but its not a easy thing something... maybe it is, but in my first experience I had to pay all the noobish moments and learn in the hard way, and also, is a fact that I need better gear, its important, I was way down behind the other healer in power and potency in my spells and that's not good, I was putting everyone in peril inside that raid and, certainly, its not a nice feeling.

Well, gotta go, need to end some things in the office and get ready for friday and weekend :3 I'll be back in a bit with some Mirkwood toughts about their quests.. Especially Death from Above... and the Malledhrim Rep. Have a great hunting!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario