lunes, 5 de septiembre de 2011

A light in Mirkwood


Since I'm at top level, my interests have been focused (Sadly) mostly in Mirkwood and in the Epics books.. which reminds me that I need to say (While I'm doing some sort of happy dance) that I ended the Epic book of Angmar (Finally!) and also that I want to take back all the words that I have wrote in the past. Aside the exaggerated travelling and the painful locations... Angmar epic book is quite awesome and Narmeleth story (Or Amarthiel) is delightful. I really got touched and excited at the end with all the fight and the plot.

Anyway, Mirkwood, I was doing quests on Mirkwood trying to get my leafs and my medal stars for gear, scrolls, potions and some good food. But those quests are basically repeatable all the time so they wont offer too much when you have to do it 5 or 6 times. So I decided to make those quests but getting sure that also I was ending my deeds in there, explorations and slayers deeds as well. My first "OMG what's that?" location was the Tree in pain, of painful tree, or tree in pain... dont remember its name. I saw it from far away but I was sure that I had to go there...


It's pretty obvious, honestly...
Mirkwood is big, huge, I thoughy that I was do it all the exploration when suddenly, climbing a hill I found out that I had not even the half of the map ready, in one side its quite awesome, more quests or maybe more deeds or powerfull enemies but in the other hand its a dreadful sight...

After 1 week of running inside Mirkwood...
"What? All this too?"
Eventually, the Deeds become harder and I was forced to continue with the eoic book of Mirkwood, or at least that's what I was thinking in the beginning since I had t chase Gollum from the spider caves at north.. in Scutterdale, a place that I promise to myself never ging back... but Turbine wants me to die in there so I had to search for him in there.


*Hmm Gollum....?*

Poor Smeagol!!

Epicness fight...
After that en few quests delivers, I decided to explore more and work less, after all Mirkwood have many constructions and ruins that I loved and I was pretty sure that somewhere near Dol Guldur I was gonna find even more ruins to explore. There was a part of the map that I never saw, or at least, had no interest in checking it while I was leveling and few days after, located south of Mirkwood under the name of Ashenslades, and that moment was the right place to give it a try.

Of all the ruins that I found, this one in particular, was just amazing...

You gotta be kidding me... 
Yes, when I climbed the mountain and arrived the frontier to the Ashenslades, my first view of the valley was that one. horrible big and unexplored, two horses on the map and possibly 30 quests in both camps... There was still a lot of work to do... I was feeling good, but defeated in some way. I guess that my second thought (Since the first one was exactly: "You gotta be kidding me") was "I'm never gonna clean this place.. never..."

This zone counts with Wights, orcs, wargs, spectres and Angmarin forces and all of them have special attacks that are pretty nasty.. well, except one of the Angmarin that burns one friendly corpse in the floor... I dunno why.. I guess that maybe they get some extra of morale with that.

Part of Dol Guldur.. a huge fortress...
One good thing about Dol Guldur is the fact that, without any raid or group, you can wander inside the inners walls and kills some orcs and other foul creatures that lives there, and that means a lot of exploring and killing and fun for Minnies like me, who loves to be under the Warrior skald banner. Yet,  the fast respawn is severe and getting there with no food or scrolls could be, maybe, the last thing that you can do in Mirkwood.
 
Some small outpost of Dol Guldur... filled with Angmarins and ghosts.
I was lost, I couldnt find two ruins in Mirkwood that I really need it for my Virtues and that was getting me frustrated. I usually end, in cases like this, checking somewhere in google (most of the cases Lotro wiki) but I didnt want to, I just wanted to find them. One fo the ruins was clearly certain that where located at the horse stable in Ashenslades but the other, which I dont recall the name... was hidden from my sight.

Since Mikwood is a huge place, grabbing a horse from one side to another could mean maybe 7 or 10 minutes or riding, this morning I went to find something to eat, made a drink and walk again to my room hoping that  my riding from Thangulhad to Echad Sirion, in the Mirk-eaves, was completed.. and I was barely between Ost Galath and the Haunted Inn. And horse stables have fast horses... remember that. Riding looking for that ruin was not a option for me, in fact, it was, but inside of me the struggle of  want it and dont want it was just great.

Moment when I meet Mavileth Guirnalda, at least character to character, since I know her from Varsalla's Facebook and we started to talk about the deeds and how well she was doing the deeds there. In the chat she offered to help me in finding the ruins that I need it and so, I offered to help her in some quests that I have done in the zone and others that I was doing as well. i had a great time there, with great fights and some moments of perils, crazy jumps and some unfortunate deaths, but at least we were  laughing a lot.

Mavileth Guirnalda :3
Since I'm horrible bad taking screens, all the screens that I have are.. lame... in fact, the ones that I'm posting here are the "best" ones, I had several screens that were worthy to get deleted... and most of them with her closing her eyes... It's a gift what I have, it's impossible that one person could take so many horrible screens without thinking.

We both running across the woods, searching for one ruin that I need it.

Resting at Helethir and getting ready to travel to Echad Sirion.
Yes, the last ruin was quite away from where I was, I had no idea that the ruins of a tower could be part of a deed, I saw it from afar while I was questing and totally ignore it due her simple ruin design... Guess that I was judging the book by its cover only...

Meh.. the last of the ruins... but I got my virtue! Woot!


It is good to find players like Mavileth in the game, we had a great time and we talked about few things, killed some mobs and got some nice loot to either sell or identified (I got a third age sword that it quite useless but I need it one decon eventually, for better relics), I'm looking forard to meet again in out journies (yah, RP mode on for my side right now :D)

Well, gotta go, today at the office has been slow but not due the quantity of work that we have to do, its all due one of the machines that its not printing all the arts in the correct way and its acting weird, slow... meh... gotta go and call a tech to check it >.< I'll see you all later my friends! I have several screens for several posts today, hopefully, I can do them all :)

Have a great time and a good hunting!


1 comentario:

  1. Awww tan bonito!!! Recuerdo muy bien la primera vez que nos encontramos en el juego! :)

    ResponderEliminar