lunes, 5 de septiembre de 2011

Skirmishes on Mirkwood.

When you start the skirmishes on Lotro, the first two are basically defend and freed the places, noles causes and always protecting the unprotected places of Eriador and in Moria, it's basically the same: defend and hold some important points in Moria... In Mirkwood, I'm glad that they turned the table... It's time to strike the enemy fortress and make them pay for all the sins and the failed skirmishes that we, the free people, had in the past!

The first Skirmishes is the Marroval place that I mentioned few weeks ago, which is basically: Go inside and burn them all. After that one you have to defend one of the outposts with the help of some ballistas which are really important to use. I got almost no screens from them since i was looking forward to have fun with the assault machinery and I forgot about the blog :(

My first screen of the Skirmish... the beginning...

And the last battle, me running from the evil monster...
The skirmish consist in defending the post and make your enemies grow week with the ballistas that you can use, at the end of the skirmish, the most powerfull general of the assault decides to attack and well, since he is quite big, the ballistas wont work, so your boss tells you to be the "bait" and lead him to the marked zones in the floor so the catapult could help you... or kill you, any of both. I got one hit from that blasted rock and two were directly to the enemy while few others just failed, the mark in the zone seems to be totally random.

That Skirmish is pretty funny, AoE is the key if you hit the enemy waves with the ballistas  and lots of run at the end of the battle while you are the bait, of course, you can kill the enemy by yourself if you wish, but there's no deed for that so go for sure with the help of the catapult.

After that skirmish, the enemy grow weak and it's time to attack their fortress, two skirmishes I think are based in the inner walls and the inner courtyard while another is basically the tower where Mazog is waiting for you, I decided, due the extreme fun of the last skirmish, ignore it for now for this post.. and focused in the inner attacks while I was breaching the gates and attacking the Ringwraith's lair. Breaching the gate... gonna be honest, I have almost no memory of it, I do remember few things but not enough to describe it... yet, you only have to go forward and protect the banner.

it is possibly that in the next screen I'm going to mix both skirmishes, yet, my idea of this post is not describe it part by part but give some useful tips of each of them, and since I dont want to spoil too much, things that eventually I will have to do it (In the last boss of the Ringwraith's lair), some of the tatics are going to be mixed, allowing you to be aware :3

This place is awesome...

and most of the enemies are bigger than you...

Nazguls... they WILL help in the battle... against you..

Avoid them.. of suffer a small, but almost fast defeat.

In both instances the perils are basically the same, monsters have not changed and they are quite angry and more dealy as well, the places are bigger and this can be a double edge weapon since while you are solo, you can run to any place but in group, some distances are not good for the healers or the tanks or the melee dps... Stay together or you may find another defeat!

Evil ppl have awesome decoration items for their houses..
not fair...

Randoms encounters... Quite nasty this time...
Since few skirmishes ago, I've noticed that the randoms encounters are more Elite mobs rather than signatures creatures, making them not impossible to defeat but forcing you to have a better strategy at the moment to engage them. Range players have almost no troubles unless the Encounter have a range foe, but melee... poor guys, they will have a painful moment for sure.

For the end of the last skirmish, you fight against the boss of the Carguls, a red hooded thing that tells you that you are going to fail, he is clearly reading the "phrases of a villain, for dummies", yet my friends, this fight is not easy, Not only due the strengh of this guy but also for the Nazgul whom are near... and the dread... oh geez.. that dread is horrible...

"not so sure.. I haven't think about that... what do you suggest?"

A talking red scrap of cloth... way to scary than a guy dreseed like this...
Today it's going to be a skirmish day for me, no reason at all, just for fun. I had a great time in there that I was looking forward to do it more times yet I had to be focused on my Epic books for some decent gear... but today it's going to be a free day and free day means, for me: Skirmishes... Alone or in group, I do not fear the enemy nor the randoms encounters!.. How can I fear them when I have entered into those walls with my Theorbo and kicked their butt with my music? Muahahahahaha

Anyway, gotta go again, this skirmishes are great complete the books and have fun in them, besides, if you are looking forward for some sencod age items and you need mats, those places are quite good for the Symbol of Celebrimbor

Good luck everyone! and have a great hunting!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario