jueves, 1 de septiembre de 2011

The frozen waste of Forochel

When someone ask you how, for you, should be a "Frozen Waste" and you live (Like me) in a tropical country you usually think in places (Based in games) such as Northrend from WoW, maybe Spine (or column I can't remember) of the world in Icewind dale II or maybe that base in Metal Gear Solid or those missions in the snow in Call of Duty Modern on Xbox... That's usually me, which I need to say, that I have never seen the snow (Not even in a small scale)... I had one 2 chances on two different trips to United states and in both opportunities the snow arrived two days after I was back in my country... Bad luck I guess.

Anyway, A "Frozen Waste" is more than just snows and trees and rocks... Cold weather, snow storms, icy waters, Icebergs, getting lost for several minutes without a north, curse everything around.. which is basically nothing since you are alone and cursing trees and rocks is quite useless. Forochel, its a frozen waste, a horible frozen waste that I hope I wont be visiting again ever...  Usually ppl in the chat says things like "I love the sky at Forochel" or "Forochel is simply awesome, I hope it had more quests"... My experience was other.

I was doing the book, the Epic book of Angmar, and since I was already tired of being riding from one side to another in all Eriador, I was not looking forward to take many screen of my trip unless a space goat mounting a Fire drake appear in front of me... and yes, with Space goat I mean Draenei of WoW... No my chances were none. But then, after few quests to gain the favour of the chief in the northern town in Forochel I had the feeling that perhaps I need to take some screens for the blog... so here I am.

Meet the Chief... The culture of the Lossoth is quite well designed for these lands.
The people of Forochel is really honest with you: "We dont know you and we dont care too much about you, but it is true that we have a common enemy, Angmar, and that it's important... yet, that does not makes us allies" in some other fancy words, of course. When you are a simple guest of the Lossoth, our friend mordr---  whatever his name is, appears again and this time searching for allies in the north... and the time for negotiation has come...

"Angmar have interest in thee, Lossoth folks, deliver her and thee shall
be rewarded..."

Or die!! *Thunfers, snow storms and awesome evil stuff*

What about of a "No" as answer... or perhaps
"We will never join forces with the Angmarin"?

Thou has sentenced thee death! *Fire cool spells from evil ppl*
After that, the chief tells you that they wont be joining forces with the Angmarin but certainly you cannot stay with them any longer since they dont want a war upon them so fast, also, explains you few things about the lands and the item that you are looking for, letting you know that there's a lady in the northwest mountains that could give you a hand with that... Yet, you can't cross the water, since you can get a debuff of some ice vulnerability and 1k damage per second.

After 15 minutes riding, getting some lost and cursing the dwarf town that I found in the road...
Finally... the old sage's house

The design of this people is just too cool... I'm really overwhelmed.
And I dont know why, I just like it...
She is a nice old lady that tells you to go and search for a sunken ship in the shores of the lake, which is ironic since she knows that if you fell in the water you could meet your doom... Anyways, you have to do it because the game its designed for that. After dying once, coz yes, I fell into the water and couldnt swim that fast to the iceberg... I finally found the ship that she was talking about. and someone there as well.

OMG! The Last king if the Arthedain! 
A nice person... to be a undead, of course, that tells you his tragic history that I decided not to read since I was anger and I only wanted to go out of there and go back into Mirkwood. he asked me to go south, to a Dwarven mine and search for a book in there... as if I have nothing better to do than that.

Got lost... again...

Until finally, I found the mines!
And I got lost inside the mines. The mines are not only just a number of caves with Dourhands on it (Yes, Dourhands, I was missing them already) but also have some ruins inside, I guess that some part of the old civilization or maybe some dwarven's doing to presever the cave so it wont fall in. And secrets doors, which you need to find if you are willing to get the so necessary book.

This dont looks ver well at all...
After getting the book your next mission is simple: ride FAR northeast to the camp where the Chief is at and deliver the book that this undead last king asked you to find to some random ranger in the entrance... then you can go back to the King for a clue of the shattered ring.

Some moments in Forochel, I just had to espress my feelings...

Yeah,  delivered the book.. what now?

The last King sends you back with the old sage who ask you to kill some giants and some undeads by no reason at all, honestly, I didnt read the quest box but I'm certainly that it's something like: let's avoid the danger kill them all...

And both were sigthly away fro each other... *Irony*
After that, the cave were the ring is at is located and once inside you realize that there were no Giants or no Undeads there as well, only some angmarin and some yettis and lots of ice to meld...

Use the torch, luke *Obi's voice*

Yettis, Angmarins and some unnatural fog...
Are we SURE that the ring lies in this way... right?
I'm not going to spoil anything here, but what happens is prettu funny and there's a yell that left me laughing for like 10 minutes because sounded extremel funny, like a "AAAAAAAaaaaaahhh" aahh, that was my only reward in this quest chain, that laugh...

Mord--- can I call you Bill?
Bill, what are you doing?
After a fight with Bill, and some other sad events...

Amarthiel!! Hmm... nevermind, I'm stunned,
forget about me...

At least, I got the ring and this dude got some rest...
Going to be honest, as usual, I spent in here two hours, were most of those hours (If they were not more, of course) was only riding from one side to another... I didnt like this epic book, it is true that it tells you a sad story, it has some loyalty and honor in their quests... yet, the riding its just too much of my taste. I have stopped the quests of the Epic bok for a bit and hopefully I will retake them soon, yet, I need a break...

Sorry for not posting yesterday friends, things were nasty in here at work and ended even worst too so I had my mindin several troubles, but for today, if the winds blows different, I can make some others posts and, the good news, is about of Mirkwood... Varsalla needs gear and there's only one way to do get it..

Good luck my friends! and have a great time and hunting!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario