lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

And I got one ending...

Spoilers ahead... Proceed with caution.

Yes, a weekend was enough for me to reach my objective: End Dragon age 2. I ended the game on the night of Saturday and I'm not so sure if I got a happy ending yet I know that the ending was not the one that I was expecting for. It took me a lot of time to make that Merrill finally looked back at me, I had to kill some demons and help her on her personal quests and yet she was quite not a Romance option, which leaved me only with Isabel... Until I did something and she decided to had a Romance with my Warrior. But at the end, the game only recognize me Isabel as my true love. Dont know why...

The game, as a simple overview of all the things that I had to go through, is not as bad as people usually say, in fact, I had a great time and I found the main plot quite interesting. Yes, Wardens are not as important as the first game, not even the darkspawns as well, but, who really cares about that? It's a different tale, not everything int the world has something to do with the Wardens and the Darkspawns... I mean, there are a lot of different things going on besides of the evil stuff and that, for example, political stuff or even religious stuff.. This game dont have too much of "political" yet it has a lot about slavery and the true about the mages and that, even a bit of religion is going on too, but not the strong point. This game was all about a rebellion and how this started.

My champion... :)

A way to end the troubles in the game... just to start others.

At the beginning the plot is centered in many dizzy things, like for example the short adventure inside the underground which, in Nathaniel's words is "quite a long trip that no one has done it before"... Obviuosly this guy dont have any idea about my first trip inside those ways with my Hero of Ferelden... Well, he is from awakening, what else I could say... the the game seems to go for something political when the Qunari arrive the city but, as fast it starts... horrible it ends...

Well... again this city is on fire... this city is not the best place to live it.

A Grey Warden. They were the stars at the first game, and in this game
they have a little acting time.
I dont balme this, few of my friends does, but I dont. It's like real world, for example: Each country have their own national troubles, yet, they dont have the SAME trouble. Well.. Wardens are NOT in every game because they DONT need to stay in every trouble. In fact,t his Warden explains that: "We Wardens are not allow to enter in political conflicts, I'm sorry that I'm not be able to help you, yet I can sent word to another city so they can help"... Perfect! Great! in fact, it's quite awesome that, if the Warden were going to do something in here, it would be like: Wait a sec.. What about the fact that you CAN'T stick your nose inside political stuff? you should be looking for evil dudes to kill... I mean, Blight-related evil dudes.

So, we dont have the Wardens, yet, they gave us the Templars, which I'm not happy with... I do really hate the Templars, the fact that mages can't be free it's not what I like most.

Meredith... I finally see you in the game.

Ok.. I know that I said "No more bloody screens"... but.. but...
So, the Second part of the game is based on the Qunaris, as I was saying, and their brutal way to see the things in the city and their intent (At least, in my game-line) to take control over the city. I know that i got this character exceptional neutral and kind, in fact, at the end, in the final battle, everyone (Except Fenris coz I didnt got it for my group) were fighting at my side, even if my battle was against their believe. Even Aveline Vallen :)

I was a Lady warrior with a noble heart :) and a tow handed mace, or sword or even axe... but all of them: Two handed. Noble and respectful. That's it.

The Qunaris. the look fearful.... yet, they are "onweable".

Another character of Strengh in the game: The First Enchanter of the Circle Orsino.

And his awesome fireball.
At this point you could feel the real plot in the game getting ready, meredith and Orsino appears in the same trouble, from the nothing, and both are decided to help. And if you look at the loading screens, you can see a horrible, horrible spoiler... Sadly I saw it... and I got the basic idea of how this was going to end.

The friendly Arishok... and his humble words....

His fight was a pain, I ended running like 40 minutes while my
Stamina was depleted... but I won at the end :)

"I know, right?"
After the Qunari stuff, I had the idea that I was gonna end with a dumb plot quest, yet the spoiler in the loading screens and the fact that someone got a new, brand, and evil look sword, helped me to believe that there was something else... and also, the fact that I was still getting quests, but this time, in my own awesome Hightown state, muahahahah I'm rich!

Suddenly, the real plot started to stain my game table, the cards were unfolded, someone moved the pieces and, for some reason, I was all the time in the middle. as Flemeth said: Fate or chance...? I can't never decided... Maybe curiosity works too,

The Grand Cleric... Honestly, I loved this character.

While I didnt like this one... Even after all the did for Merrill.

Oh... by the way.. she is Merrill...

Merrill's personal quests is full of traps, whatever I decided to do, even if I were kind or not, this ended with a entire Dalish massacre... Minutes after I were running, only with my warrior, trying to not getting killed by the awesome Dalish hunters and some Darkspawns that for some reason where near a cave... I found out that there's a way to stop this slaughter... too bad for them, I'm the winner.

Killing elves was never so funny... and stressing...
After that, Merrill decided to love me, everything was great and the real plot started...

Thrask and the ungrateful Grace...

Anders... or Anders.. why?
Anders... You really have to play Awakening to understand this character. I can't say that I'm against him or that his feelings about the Templars are away from mines... but.. dude... there are PLENTY of way to solve this... you dont have to do that....

Still, I forgive him at the end. My character is a kind two handed wielder... not a butcher... With friends, I mean.

So the real troubles started...

Not gonna say many things about this... thing.

And just when I thought that this could not get even bloodier...
Sadly, I ended the game without killing the high Dragon that killed me twice in the Bone pit so I decided to avoid that and play it again, this time, getting better gear for everyone and some dragon head to hang upon my dinner room wall.

One of the most dangerous fights in the game... 

But the Champion of Kirkwall is the Champion of Kirkwall.
I got the Champion warplate from the dragon and now I had all the Champion set complete! Wohoo! so, I could end the game again... this time in the right way. If you want an advice: End all the quests in the game before you go further with the quest called "The Last Straw"... many quests end in the gallows and if you end all of them and also with the Last Straw, you wont be able to turn them all.

"Yes, may I help you Sir?"
After you own that... thing.. or stuff... of whatever it is... you go with the final boss, which is not in fact the final boss, I got the idea that the entire fight from the Gallows is the last boss. A chain of things that happens in any order and become a real pain. anyway, the last boss is quite a amazing fight, even better than the.. thing, up ahead posted... In fact, that "Thing" was quite boring...

BURN! BURN! BUUUUURN!
Anyway, This is the last part of my post. I said that I was gonna spoil a lot of things, yet, not the last plot of the game. I'm just gonna say: Play it, you wont regret that.

All the games and their sequels are not meant to have the same goal, remember that all the tales have two sides: The "script" (Sorry, I can't find a better word) and the story that you want to say. While the "script" of lord of the Rings is about the fellowship taking the ring to Mordor so they can destroy it and beat Sauron forever... the Story that Tolkien (In my humble point of view) wanted to tell is about Friendship, loyalty and courage.

This game goes in the same way, The Script is basically about how the Champion of Kirkwall makes something important in the city and gains a notable name while many believes are destroyed... Yet, the Story (Again, my humble believe) is about freedom and perseverance. 

True it is that this game, in my opinion, can't beat the first one. Many things I saw in the game that I were not happy with, like for example all the houses were the same design, or the caves had the same design... i felt like running them once and again, and that was boring and creepy. Also the fact that everything happens in one place was not what I expected, but this I wont judge so hard, after all, this game is about the Champion of Kirkwall... not the Champion of Thedas or the Free Marches.

Well, I wrote too much, right? yeeeeah, I know, good luck everyone! have a great end of the day and I'll see you tomorrow with another new post to... post... I guess :)




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario