miércoles, 20 de julio de 2011

The Veil.. now that was dissapointing.

The following tale it's full of spoilers... read under your own risk...

-Ok, let's talk seriously... *put the lights toward my face*
-I thought that we were talking seriously...
-No... I was talking seriusly... But you dont... right?
-What else do you want to know?
-Everything! *Punch the table with anger* Tell me everything!
-Ok... I hope that you are ready for the truth...

"I heard about the Veil from Dragon Age: The Awakening, when the Hero of Ferelden and her company (Yes, "her" company, if you check my save files, you will see that she was a she-elf... a Dalish...) reached the swamp where a entire town had disappear in like... a week or so. They said that demons were running around free doing their will and forcing the poor souls to serve them blindling, it was so sad to hear that and not able to do something about. But it was the Hero of Ferelden and she would not anyone down! She and her group save them all and they even meet the Spirit of Justice... poor spirit... who could think that eventually he wuld become such a angered spirit, trying to purge all the evil from this world..."

"I was hoping one day to find a entrance to that place, I mean, in Dragon Age 2, when I could handle such awesome weapons and shiny armors, maybe a two handed sword with fire and acid in the blade and that awesome armor that the Hero of Ferelden found somewhere in the Underground that was so awesome and powerful... So, decided to make this real, I woke up earlier to wrap my screens and get ready to go to work, for the usual stuff, you know? So, since i had a lot of time, I decided to play a bit more Dragon Age 2... I was looking forward to find Varrick's brother and make him pay for everything..."

"I loaded my last game and went out of my house, with my armor... I had to admit that even that I'm rich now.. I was looking quite clumpsy with my Noble outfit..."

By the Maker himself... Where's my armor?! 

"The Noble life was not meant for me, I need adventures, war, ppl hating me and, over all the things, blood in my armor and weapons... I'm a character of action, reason why I'm the Warrior of the group. I left home and headed to see what was wrong with a Elf lady, the mother of a good kid, quite crazy and stubborn, but a good kid that I sent alone with the Dalish... There, all the troubles started, I was asked to go into the Veil to find her son... How could I? I mean, I'm just a Warrior... Yet, the neutrality on me and a miss click on the mouse, didnt allowed me to ask more and I accepted the risk. I was going to follow the steps of the hero of Ferelden..."

And there I was... I was in the Veil... 

"I was scared, but confident in my abilites. I knew that Anders had this trouble with the spirit of Justice inside his body and that Merrill would love to make-out with some demons in here, while Varric was not happy with me for pushing him inside this, so yes, all of them got some points on Rivalry. Yet, I fixed that later, except the Anders situation that I had to relog and being a not so nice host with Justice... When we reached the main courtyard of the zone, a demon try to make a friendly contact, but, even with the annoying and deadly elf pulling me from my armor to get some attention, I declared war. I'm a warrior, not a diplomatic on a mission. She got mad but we got a great... and fast... fight"

'Two doors were closed at our sides, The kid's pride and the kid's desire... Since I'm quite attracted to the Desire demons, I picked that one first and I helped the kid to break free from her spell. Had to admit that the tale of the Hero of Ferelden were different... were more risky..."

What?!

My answer was clearly simple.... "Oops"
"This demon didnt offer a fight, I heard from the Hero of Ferelden that usually this kind of demons seducdes you until you become her slave of any kind, then had fun with your mind and eat your sould from the inside while your body, unable to move, was trying to yell... but she died with two or three swings of my weapon... This was becoming odd... Then I went to the kid's pride and I felt in danger. there was a copy of the Keeper of the Dalish talkign with the kid and some guys, like ninjas but with fancy clothes and shinning blue, hearing everything... This was going to be a hard fight."

"Stop this nonsense you demon! he is not your fool!"
"HOW DARE YOU?!"
"Why not?"
"YOU GOT A POINT"

I tried to be funny, but the second option was not even close to be funny...
and he attacked...
"Merrill was to angry with me and she become, for a moment, my enemy... I didnt killed her, I decided to save her killing the Demon first...maybe that would help and it did helped a lot. Even if she went missing in the fight and in the rest of my travelling inside the Veil, I found the kid just outside, in the main courtyard and everything ended..."

-You are lying! that could not be THAT easy...
-It was.. trust me... it was...
-What happened with the Dalish? your friend-now-enemy caster?

"When we came back to the mortal plane, she was with me, quiet and as always... I went to her house to complete some quests that I had there and she strated to talk about how weak she was with all this demon-veil situation. she asked for forgiveness and I forgive her, we didnt hug, but we were happy again... I got +15 friendship points at the ed of the chat... that's all..."

ah and for some reason, she have the broken mirror
from the frist Dragon age... or at least one that
looks like it.
-*punch the table with anger* DAMMIT! I was waiting for more action!
-So do I... and dont say dammit... say Dern it... its more neutral... and stuff...
-oh.. shut up... *leaves the room*

That's the best way to explain how I felt inside the Veil... It took me like 30 minutes to go out, with fights and dialogues included... and a simple barrel puzzle that I'm not going to reveal, but it gives you 3 stats points if you complete it perfectly.

Frustrating, but I wont give up, this game have some good things and I know that I'm gonna found them and I'm gonna yell of happines in that moment, have a great time friends! and good luck!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario