miércoles, 6 de julio de 2011

A warden in Trollshaws.

Trollshaws is a weird place. the same zone in where Rivendell is located at the very end of the mountains, deep in this region. Wolves, undeads, angry-hawks, bears, cats, worms (Which as you know looks like anything else except a worm), crawlers (Which, in fact, are worms), spiders and many other beasts are living there... and obviulsy, Trolls.

When I got this quest-pack with Varsalla, I was hoping for the perfect place to become a bit stronger and confront the region of Angmar with better level and equipment, more experience and new spells. Sadly, for a Minstrel, Trollshaws could be a pain as is Angamr as well, the fact that the trolls were mostly Elite, if they are not all elite, and the fact that you needt stay on the road, literally on the road, to avoid fights, makes the journey inside this region a dangerous one.

Not for the warden. Same armor style as Varsalla, medium armor, maded with a strong leather, allowing you agility and might (mostly) and huge shield and a pointy spear and a deadly look javelin is all that you need to go inside and kill everyone at sight. when I mean everyone, I really mean everyone.

Yesterday I ended doing a fellowship quest by myself, with trolls in the process, angry, really angry trolls. Of course they were not of my level, (39) but they were 34 - 35 Elite monsters, and I know that this may be for some players like "So what? you have more levels than them" and I can only say: Elites in this  game seems to be not easy, and Varsalla couldn handle a elite with 10 levels less than her. For me was like "OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!!!" when I saw that I was owning them with such speed.

But that´s not what I´m gonna post right now, later I will, because now I´m just gonna post some Trollshaws pics and stuff to make more than one feel a bit of nostalgy for this zone.

A long road o Rivendell... and I´m not kidding, it´s a freaking long road.

No one can say that this is one of the most
colorful places in Eriador.

One good thing about the Trollshaws is that also have lots of ruins everywhere, not only the ruins where the towns are located at, but ruins that you can explore and you need to find to complete some deeds and earn some rewards, mostly turbine points, if you are badly interested in those, and some many others have virtues that are quite useful as well. A bad thing about that good thing: Some of those ruins have spiders, elite spider, nasty elite spider, and sometimes there´s a uber-nasty spider roaming the roads... and the 75% of the ruins have elite trolls as well... so, going exploring ruins in here is a serious business.

This ruin is one of the few that have some normal monsters on it.

And this is the same ruins, which have a Fellowship quest also...
and I did it alone.
About this fellowship quest, I´m not so proud of. It´s a lvl 33 f-quest that consists in help a wounded dwarf to defend himself from some little annoying creatures, none of them signatures, but they are many. the only trouble in here is that the dwarf is the primary target of those creatures and, as you well know, those creatures  are not stronger... but in quantity they can lower your morale, and other´s morale, pretty fast. But I was just taking aggro and healing all the time, so it was a bit stressing but easy.

At the end there´s a Signature, but this guy was... quite... "weak" to be a signature, and also of that same level, and the game got somehow bugged, the dwarf got thousands of ¿?¿?¿?¿? over his head so he was doign miss to all the attacks.

More pacific ruins... sadly, thisis like the last ruin in this place
that has no mobs on it...
Trollshaws, from the point of view of a class that has a great weapon, some neat attacks and a huge shield as a defensive wall, is growing funnier and perfect to explore for a while, until I gather some more levels and go back to kick someone´s butt in Evendim. Can´t forget what happened there >.<!

Well, I have to go to work, have a good morning everyone and I´ll be backlater, also, as usual, have the best hunting ever!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario