lunes, 11 de julio de 2011

The man with the whip.

Is, without any doubt, Indiana Jones... but the man with the Badass whip is from Castlevania...

From all the sagas that I have played before, like for example, Ninja Gaiden, Prince of Persia, Zelda, Castlevania, Doom, Hexen, Duke Nukem, Call of Duty, and many others, the best one so far is obviously Zelda. I specially love Zelda from SNES... I think that is a classic, and I gotta admit that after that one, I would go for Ocarina of time and then, even if some friends hates me for that, I could pick Windwaker... At least the explain why Ganon is a pain...

But Zelda is not, in many aspects, the one that is always in my thoughts. I have some soundtracks and some posters.. but the one that each time I play it makes me feel different, like completely enchanted to their story, is Castlevania. Reasons? Well, maybe because it started with Dracula's theme, Vampires, demons, zombies and werewolves.

Also, I need to admit that I'm not a lover of the consoles, my last console was Playstation One, witht the small screen on it which allowed me to play it anywhere... those times where great in fact, but after that, and not so far after I got the Play One, I change my expectations to the Computer and it's games. They where more... Bloody and full of drama.

SADLY, and I use caps because it's really SAD... Castlevania has no (At leats that I know) game for computer, unless you get a emulator for old consoles and play old games on it. So, you can guess that there were no Castlevania for me.

I played Castlevania since I was like 12 years old, with the very frist Game on NES, then I had the third game and for some reason I hated the second part... eventually I meet the one from SNES and it was extremely awesome but somehow short, and while I was expecting a second part, the one for PSO appear and, in the name of all the Valars, was the best game ever for me, saga's-wise of course.

The fact that you could be Alucard (Which is Dracula read it backward and that was quite "meh") and find the reason why your father had reborn five years after his destruction by Ritcher Belmont and found out that it was the very Ritcher who was seeking to resurrect him was horrible awesome. even more when I found out that the game had SEVERALS endings and one of them, Dracula admited the reason why he was such a basterd, and begged for forgiveness... WOW.. I love that game.

After that game, something happend and NES64 came out with one version that was... I dont want to speak about it. I cried out loud when I barely test it and I decided never to play again that saga. Until Lord of Shadows was announced.

So.. this is the new Castlevania...

I saw the Trailer and I was like: "Well, looks good... but, lets be honest, ALL the trailers looks good... that's why they are trailers, they need to sell". So I started to search info about this game but at that time, everything was blurry, confused, so all the info were just inaccurate to be trusted.

When I played the game, I found out that Gabriel, our protagonist, was not exactly a Belmont after all. He was adopted by a Belmont and raised in a Monastery that were always fighting against the Darkness. the World, a Medieval one, was almost in Chaos and things were not what they used to be on the old Sagas. So i got the idea: This is a alternative stuff... "Dern" I said.

Gabriel Belmont, not a real Belmont after all.

So, this was not the Castle of Castlevania... but looks good...
I was already disappointed for the fact that I was not gonna see Dracula in here, and I was about to turn off the machine when something, and I dont know what (Could have been my friend who was at my side talkign a lot in the intro) told me to wait.

The Graphics were just more than great, can't expect less from the Xbox...
 
And I started to play it... And now I could say that Castlevania decided to redeem itself in the Saga's storyline with this new story, quite WEIRD at the end and I'm not gonna spoil anything...

All the bosses in here where actually real bosses... and huge.
You maybe are askign to yourself why I'm saying this stuff... I still hate consoles, I'm more used right now to the online games than any other kind of game and playing alone, or a Call of Duty multiplayer is not what I like most, specially when you have a guy in the other team that is always hidden somewhere with awesome sniper and you are likelvl 3 cadet with a simple machine gun... dern, I hate that!

But since I have been under several horrible Internet issues in the past month, I'm thinking in getting one and maybe only because this game. I know that many other players hates  this game so hard, with all their life, but I really like it, and I already won the game but not at its 100%... I admit a barely 54% of the total game :) I played in my friends house and I was almost living there just to end this game. If I were at my home, maybe I could try for a 90%, aiming to a 100%.

Well, I'm going out of Blogspot for a bit, need to end some stuff in here and then work on my next post of Regions, this time is gonna be Evendim :) Have agreat time! and good luck my friends!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario