sábado, 4 de junio de 2011

Arrows of Flame.

 I woke up with a little bit of time for taking a small adventure in Lotro, as I said yesterday at night I´m gonna have a hard week in front of me, possibly, two weeks of hellish moments due a festival of art called FIA. So I logged into the game and my first option is Khas, she has been my frist toon in the line and she was my first toon in this game so my first thought was: "Why not?"

I do not know why, and I´m pretty sure because I have been playing with a almost non-existing dps toon (Minstrel) but I found that playing with Khas was like at least a 90% easier, Hunters are that kind of character that tells you that you are going to kill really fast and without remorse. Als, with your high dex, most of the attacks maded by your enemies at you same level are evaded or dodge, which is quite good since hunters can carry so far Medium armor.

So yes, as I was saying, I grab Khas and started my adventure, my quest log was filled with Angmar quests and I can´t denied that I got enough for at least two more weeks about that place, Varsalla and I, specially myself, were having nightmares about that place for so long. My list of places to go was, of course, thin by that moment. Or is Angmar or is Eregion... as easy like that. So I pick Eregion...

At the beginning of my journey
with thousand of ideas of how i was gonna fail in there.

Have to admit, eregion is not a easy place as well, specially for those under lvl 45 like Khas, she is a bit more of half a bar to reach that level and the option for legedary items, which I´m thinking seriusly in not getting it until I´m lvl 46 or maybe 47. Eregion is filled with lvl 48+ enemies and even if in other games this difference is not that big, in Lotro: It is.

I have said this before, and I´m gonna repeat each time I can: Lord of the Ring online is not a easy questing leveling game. Maybe for those who have already 3 lvl 65 or two lvl 65 can say: Well, it´s kinda easy. But for those like me who sadly has no lvl 65 (And yes, this is a indirect attack to my ISP company) this game sometimes is kinda hellish. In other games you can solo´d some instances when you are about 30 level above, maybe complete it the half of the party when you have 15 more levels... Lotro is different, this game is a serious business.

Which is great, of course, if a game is gonan be hard from the beginning, it has to continue in that way.

So well, this is a resume of my time in Eregion:

Well, this guys are lvl 48, normal mobs... they fell
kinda fast under my arrows.

Remember these guy? Varsalla had seriusy troubles with them...
Khas was like "Meh... is not that hard".

Oh this evil guy, with their friends in the middle of nowhere...
They are so squishy sometimes!

And yes, they are lvl 48 as well!

Even a lvl 49 is soloable, with a bit of strategy and some potions of course
(This one got my flatfooted)
Hunters are great, and the idea that you can use fire on your arrows for a limited time is even more great, and the idea that you can use light in your arrows is... is weird... I haven´t seen a flask of "Light" oil... it´s kinda fire.. but more.. light... I do not know how to explain it...

"You see all this land..."

"... One day is gonna be yours...."

"... Of course as long as you move your butt and level up fast, you know?"
Hunters are great, great enough to make me think again in retaken Khas as my main since I know that I´m going to be able to level up her faster than Varsalla... I do not see myself leaving Varsalla, of course, but this characterhas the power to make me think in that...

Well, gotta go, work calls (Seriously, I just got a call from work saying that they were already there) and I have to go. I´ll see you later my friends, have a great time, a great Saturday and a nice hunting!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario