miércoles, 1 de junio de 2011

Waiting at the office.

I'm pretty sure that the title speaks for itself. That's what I'm doing right now while I wait for a good friend of mine that is fixing my car. He already call saying that everything was good, he also gave me some bad news about some others things that I should repair anytime soon.

The worst part of this waiting time is the fact that the office is full of work, clients and things to do, but no one, no even my boss, is doing anything. All the artists that we have right now in here with us are talkign about old times and people that used to be their photography professors tie, TIME ago. I thin that right now I'm the youngest one in here...

Wait, let me check...

Ugh, yes, I am. Maybe thats the reason number one of "Why I feel so displaced in time" right now. 

The good thing is that there's a possible chance that when I hit home I'm gonna have Internet and I could be inside Lotro AT LAAAAAST!!! *applauds* Yet, I cant deny that I have been thinking in that all this day and there's something inside me that tells me that is all a cruel joke of fate. I guess that been 3 weeks without Internet has made on me a special, adamantium shield wall to protect me.

I have nothing special to write right now, and I haven't pick a game to say something... Yet, since i have a poll and I noticed that some of you have already choosen some options, and those options have already a post, I'm gonna make a special intro for Supreme Commander and it's xpac as well.

Supreme Commander Story maybe is connected (And Maybe I mean by Fans) to the old game know as "Total Annihilation". A somehow hard (More than others, way more than usual) strategy game. A universe controlled by machines and two sides fighting against each other. COre is the "Evil" Empire that is trying to control, by force, the galaxy, while the Arms are the Rebel faction seeking for a better place in democracy... obviously, both of them are doing their ideals in the war.

TA is a old game, quite OLD game but had some nice graphics for the moment, kinda 3D. The mats were only two: Energy and Metal, and they were infinite. If you found a metal vein, that vein was gonna drop you infinite resources AND maybe this is why the game was such a pain in the soul at the moment to paly against the computer. Energy... Well, was Energy, from the sun, Air or water, what you loved most.

This game is just the same, you have Energy from the sun and "Mass" from the earth. Both of them endless. This time you count with 3 Factions: 

UEF / AEON / CYBRAN

The UEF is the main Empire, they used to have all under control and the humanity was great, but eventually the humanity started to test with implants making better humans... or something.. but UEF decided to dominate them so they can work FOR them. Obviously The Cybrans (Implant dudes) were not happy with it and eventually they broke up free of their domination program and they tried to find a place in space. So they started a war between them.

Eventually, and I do not know why not any other time soon, the Humanity discovered a new, and only one, alien race in the space and I do not recall why, but I remember that these guys were somewhat peaceful beings, Humanity decided to erradicate them. And from their ashes the Aeon woke up. Who are the Aeon? Humans as the UEF and Cybrans as well that adopted the philosophy of these aliens as a religion. It was clear that the Aeon were not happy with the UEF and with the Cybrans... Even if the fault was from the UEF, the Cybran went eventually involved. I think that the Aeon decided to go Crusader mode on against all the unfaithful creatures of the universe.

Its not because I love the Cybrans, or because I found them extremely great and they have awesome Battleships  that can be converted in some sort of spiders and walk across the land... YES, awesome battleships walking like spiders IN the LAND... that I'm gonna say this: Cybrans are Innocents. and they Rocks!

Cybran Mech Commander.

UEF Mech Commander.

I couldnt find the Aeon Mech Commander, but looks ugly, so meh... In this game, that has been over ONE THOUSAND YEARS... and there are still humans in the universe, is quite basic and polite: Only one Commander for each squad, the rest of the units that are under his command are pieces of Technology (Cybrans) or Junk (the rest). Maybe this is why there are still so many humans... only one casualty or maybe 3 for each battle... Not bad.

We are under attack! I repeat we are under *Transmission ended*
As you saw there, battles can be epic, a good thing for a strategy game. The game becomes nasty with every tier of technology that you unlock with researchs and materials, Tier I is quite basic, but already Tier 2 is awesome and Tier 3 is just like: "Pffft... you must be kidding me... I can BLOW the ENTIRE city with this little MECHA??" and after the Tier 3, you can access the infamous Experimental technology that is like... a lie... I mean, its so awesome that can turn the tide that was against you in few seconds to your favor.

Nothing says "You are not going to go inside" more than a prepared
defense line.

The big things that are walking in the floor... Cybran Experimentals... the HUGE thing FLYING
is Aeon Experimental... Sadly, I'm pretty sure that the Aeon won this fight,
that Ship is just too much powerful.

What is this button for? *BOOOOOOOM*
Holy, holy, holy, holy!

This game is quite great, honestly, I like it a lot yet the story is not the best that I've played in my life, and either not even close. But if you play this game in Skirmishes, they can offer you hours in the same map, not because is a slow game, since you are NOT going to have a time to breath or drink, but for the excelent ambient, maps, technology, Enemy AI and some mods that the game brings to you.

Epic battles... Few strategy game has them...

Well, I just went fair with this game, now for those who didnt know it and didnt choose a option in the poll because they were not so sure what was Supreme Commander and SC: Forged Alliance can see in here a brief review... And slightly inclined to the Cybrans... only "Slight".

I gotta go, have things to do and the night is not even close to end, have a great hunting my friends and maybe I'll see you in Lotro or, even better, a bit later! Good luck!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario