domingo, 12 de junio de 2011

Week of failing...

This week has been named, between the ones of my office and I, as the week of full failing.

Its so full of failing that I decided, while I was driving here, to do it in parts.. Like each day of the week... But before saying something I need to refresh the fact that this last week was the previous week for the FIA Event in my city and this was like hell for us. Working in the Digital part to get some books ready for the event (which is the hellish part), printing the art pieces as well (Which they didnt gave any trouble after all) and dealing with the artists was mostly what we did in this last step....

Monday:
Well, this day was like "We know that is gonna be hard so lets do the best to make this perfectly and nicier". Sadly, this very first day the troubles were making their appear easily. Artists were not happy with their books and they were changing everything, except the design. Let´s be honest: It´s impossible to get a book ready in the first day, each printer is a different world and it drops different colors... So, wewere at least knowing in where we were failing at.

Tuesday:
New copies of each book were maded, the artists did their appear again and guess what? They were happy with some changes that they felt that were need it... and suddenly, all the things that were "ok" now were wrong... My question is... "Why?" If you already accepted the other parts, why do you have to go one step back? Also, knowing that the FIA Event is so close and each change that they ask is making all this process to go slower... Anyway... We decided to make the changes...

Wednesday:
One artist accepted the book, everything was ready, that book was ready, we were happy... Yet, because theres always a evil artist running around... Someone didnt accepted the changes... Obviusly, changes that he already accepted before. Also, this artist, knowing that we were working HARD in his book for the past 3 days, he also says: "I do not care if I{m going to the FIA expo, anyways..."

Really? Honestly... I mean... Really? If you do not care, why are you freaking us ONE WEEK before of the Expo for the freakign book of yours? If you were not interested in the FIA Expo, then, the most common thing to do is wait after the FIA so we could use all the time of the world to make your book pefrfect, and not under those conditions...

Obviusly, I called my boos, I told him eveything and this book was not a option for the FIA, he was clearly uspset about this and the loss of time working in something that were not necessary. and of course this artist is no longer of my interest, at least I can decide who I´m going to help in the office and who dont... and he is clearly a "Dont".

Thursday:
Another day, another book... or another books... We had the same issues with another artists about their first print and the colos of the books, they understanded that in the first copy, the colors are going to be just wrong and from those colors we are going to fix all the things. Suddenly, as well, some desing errors strated to show up... Some unwanted Typos, some missing links, pics, texts, damaged or corrupted files...

Friday:
At this morning I only knew one thing: I had to go to work on Saturday... starting with this was already easy to understand that the day was gonna suck bad.. really bad...  Wha I didnt knew was that at the end of one book that I took charge, of 114 pages, almost 98 full of color and art pieces, The Digital printer died...  Died at 11 pm. Nasty.. I was driving home when a friend called me and told me the news.

Saturday:
I went to work and obviusly I spent almost 5 hours doing nothing. After I decided to go out, I went to a friends house (Paola) and started to talk and eventually we decided to improvise some Role session just to have a bit of fun. Luis was there as well and we had a great time, funny, yet short, I was to damn tired.

Sunday:
Best day of all, since I lost my internet conecction again at home and I decided to gave up in this matter... Luis told me to go to the Studio and connect our Pc´s in the same net, so I could play lotro and check all my mails and stuffs that I couldnt do in this week.

And I logged into Lotro and my first vision was:

I´m gonna have nightmares.. honestly...

I didnt play to much lotro, decided to spent time drinking and watching movies, talking about things and somehow... play Plants and Zombies... Dont ask why... I just got the Demo and started played... 

As you see, all this past month has been kinda hellish for me, reason why I´m not posting as I used to do... Once the FIA event is over, I´m going to fix the Intenret issue in any way, either with the same company or with a new one...

I just wanted to say "Hi, I´m alive :)"

Have a great time friends! and see you soon!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario