lunes, 29 de agosto de 2011

Mirkwood´s tasks

I know that on friday I was quite a lazy blogger and only posted once, and I have no excuse for that, just only a reason of "Why" i did only one post. I had planned for Saturday a long expected D&D chronicle with Rodrass and Anatre, both players also in Lotro (you might have see them before in other posts) and I wanted to work hard on that and since the office was quite clamed I thought that it was a great day, and the last one, to do it seriously.

But that doesnt mean that I didnt touched lotro this weekend. I did, in fact, it was great since I did lots of things that I would post about during all the day and one of them was epic.. and yes, I was working on the Epic book of angmar which I had left in oblivion, but that was not the epic part, I hated s much those quests and their travelling that at the end of the day (Yesterday) idecided that one character of mine had to pay and had to be deleted... yes, one of my characters got deleted to make a spot to another hunter, a second hunter and this time, I made my frist male toon on Lotro that i have intended to level up a bit more than lvl 15.

But, this is not that post, so let´s go back to Varsallaand the awesome lands of Mirkwood, awesome at least for the places and quests that I´m going to explain right now. As I said before, Mirkwood is basicaly a huge siege, like a skirmish but with no skirmish marks to get and thousand of leaves as rewards. I need to say that I´m starting to get worried about those items rep... It was not funny when, in Lórien, I killed almost a entire campment of orcs and the gave me as reward some branches and leaves... I mean, I´min a wood, if I wanted branches and leaves aI would just have taken them from the trees, and now in mirkwood they gave me leaves as well... one of two: Or the elves dont want to spent their shinnies coins with us (And remember that I´m a elf  from Lórien as well) oooooor... they have, in fact, a currency based on leaves and branches and that´s why they all are rich.

Anyway, my quests were more of the same in what war-quests we can speak...

Destroy more enemies supplies...

Get some of our arrows back... pretty weird to search for arrows in the wood...

Gather some flowers... yes, in the middleof the war, whileiwas looking for
arrows.. i was also looking for flowers.
After those quests, things were ust a bit more... sreious... they saw that I was just more than a simple minstrel and I was asking too much for serious quests, epic quests, with valour and perils... So they wanted me far as possibly so they wont hear my annoying voice once more.

"Would you check please if there´s a Troll in the enemies base camp"

"I knowthat it´s quite useless.. buttake this falg and defend it..  in the enemies outpost..."

This was in between of those quests...
Its looks awesome...

Wait, before going further with my post, Mirkwood is a great place to level up since all the quests are well divided by zones and have lots of zones to quest, each settelment have a specific part only for its quests and they wont sent you to one side of the map to another just for fun. At least not like in Moria.

"there´s a spider problem in the woods.. would you please...?"

And once again, while doing those quests... this statue...
Since I had reached to the point that I found the statue again, in a differetn moel but same base design, I reache o the conclusion that eventually I was gonna confront this "Necromancer" ad that this statue was not a merely decoration of the wood. So far, I haven´t meet him yet, of if i did it was so briefly that I didnt noticed.

"There´s a pile of corpses... woudl you summon the wolf that gatherd them and kill it, please?"

"Do you remember the spider problem? well, it´s not over yet, please.. go..."
I´m not complaining, I´m jst saying that "Finally I got some worth action in Mirkwood, duties that are truly for a full plated warrior with a nasty twohanded sword!" even if I´m not a nasty warrior and not even have something as heavy armor with me. these quests are basically that awesome that you will go and go deeply into Mirkwood without noticing that time is passing fast around you. Aside, Mirkwood´s design is pretty awesome, gloomy and foggy, those woods and swamps are well made it, and they have some great special quests on it that are worthy to complete.. even if they are a trap...

"Oh,by the way, do you know undeads? nice! go, there´s just go and kill some of them"
I´m trying to enjoy Mirkwood as much as I can, I know that I have still Enedwaith to explore but I dont want to burn out the content that I have left in the game so fast, Isengard is getting release soon and I still have lots of things to do before it, like the epic books of Angmar, which I spent all sunday (well, like 5 hours of my sunday) on them and only one bok in Moria´s epic journey.

Gotta go for now friends, I´m gonna upload the pics for the nexts posts for today and get ready to go to work, have a great time and a nice hunting! see you later :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario