lunes, 29 de agosto de 2011

More of Mirkwood.

I was just thinking in Mirkwood, for some reason, this zone is one of my favourite zones of the game, remind me a bit of lots of games like Dragon age, WoW (Yet, I can't be sure the reason why) and Diablo I (Must be for the haunted town and stuff. The enviroment of Mirkwood is quite sinister, a dark sky over a damp land, were mostly of the time was being attacked by a rain weather that ceased at night, swamps and woods, normal woods (Yet not green and lovely ones, all ruined and creppy) with a huge swamp not so far at south.

It's not that I like creepy places but... wait.. Yes, I do like creepy places, but this one was not because it's creepy, was something else. I need to say that I know almost nothing about Mirkwood and, in my mind, I had this place as a green forest... This change on my own concept was, not only rude and complete, but perfect as well. I guess that I was expecting something and the surprise of finding a entire different thing that also was under a strong siege from both sides, was just nicely perfect.

Not so far from the starting zone, because sadly Mirkwood is quite linear, there's a place with a ghostly town in where all the Malledhrim decided to make a stand and take under custody Mazog, the terrible leader of Moria. This place has several quests near, at north there's a Goblin town that have some serious troubles and also a forgotten elven ruin under the control of the Marroval Ancient evils, which are not only a lot, but deadly than their relatives in other places of Eriador.

The haunted inn is the only "warm" place in this second questing zone.

Marrovals in here got a "tome of strategy" and they know how to use it.
Group encounters and lots of crowd control spells.

Signatures in this place (Mirkwood) is more common than usual.

Those ruins are, in fact, the same ruins from the Skirmish that you can unlock really fast in the book quests that happens in Mirkwood, as you go in the skirmish, this ruins are a lovely ride inside the old architecture while questing is something really close to a mad house, ancient evils in groups and fast respawn will make your day.

South of the Haunted Inn there's a huge swamp, filled with traps, water, will'o'whisp things swamp cats and worms... lots of worms. There's also a zone that will drain your power so fast that you will be extremely useless so, you have to watch your step with caution. Yet, this swamp is a great zone and I like to walk on it from time to time, not only for quests but also for some mats and just fun.

Some things are not what they seem to be...

While others are clrealy what they looks like.
While in Mirkwood, you are forced to join a special guard of the elves to watch and protect Mazog until Dol'guldur or whatever its name is. I think hat the proper name of that guard is something like "The Hidden Guard", elves with special abilities and awesomess power that will help you in the book quest... of course, they are not lots of them, like 5 in total, and I have some sort of crush on this lady...

She is not the leader, yet, she is quite important for many reasons...
While I was on the swamp, and yes, taking back the post to the swamp, I meet a Malledhrim that was decided to make this swamp a better place to live in. Insane quests at hand and some of the based on small fellowship that I did alone without any trouble, well, just being not crazy and avoiding huge pulls. Thanks to some of those quests I reached to lvl 64 on Friday's night and also got 25% of the 64 bar to 65 as well.

Woot! Ding! 64!

Yet, the Malledhrim still had more quests...
No so far from there, near the haunted inn, there's also a spider nest that you have to check it from time to time. Spiders in that nest are as cute as a small puppy, easy to kill, with poisons that are quite a fail, low health and quite dumb, even if the nest have two huge signature creatures, that perhaps I will post later or I already did, they are easy to strike and easier to loot.

Yet...
Those are not the only spiders in Mirkwood... there's a zone, far north that made me died 3 times, filled with undeads and nasty dogs and crebains and spiders and just bad luck, based in a laberynth inside the mountains...

With a huge cave, very far at north...

That is the nest of a nasty spider...
That fight was totally a challenge, I guess that I will never learn the fact that if you have a mother of the brood as target and you dont clean the entire room filled with spiders... They will asist her and they will kill you. Yes, I'm never gonna learn that and that's one of the reasons why I died always at this type of quests or at least go powerless and potionless as well. This wa snot the exception, I go powerless and had only one potion with me, no food and no luck since three small spiders decided to join the battle... I died but right before I died, like less than a second, my dancing swords killed the brood mother and I got the quest, yet not the loot from her, which I really didnt care. The circle of shame is pretty near from the place where you have to deliver the quest.

Mirlwood is a great zone, I'm never gonna grown tired of saying it, sadly, I'm quite far away right now, since I decided to make all the books for no reason, I have been working in Angmar book... and only the Valars knows how bad I hate that Book chain, travelling in Eriador and spending lots of hour lost in some place that I dont know of is not the best way to enjoy the game... I will make a post of it, yet, I think that is gonna be my first negative post. I need to think that with cold mind, with no anger or dread opressing my heart and soul...

So far, I gotta go, good luck my friends! and I'll see you later :P Have a nice hunting!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario