martes, 30 de agosto de 2011

Ok, it´s the time...

Of complaining about something that I was not enjoying in Lotro, not even a bit. but first of all, for those who read the blog and have never played Lotro, there are several quests knowed as "Book quests". These book quests are somehow more linked in the beginning with the book, the properly book Lord of the Rings, and goes by section. Since you can´t be the heroe of the Ring (Because your name was not in Tolkien´s book) you wont be taking the ring to Mordor, yet, to help those who task is that one, you can help them in separate ways doing some errands that they need to see complete before they do something else.

For example, what was doing Aragorn before the hobbits arrived to the Prancy Pony? Well, he was investigating the Dark riders and trying to helping Amdir (I think that I totally forgot his name...) to avoid the dark powers of Angmar due the venom from some Nazgul´s sword. obviusly, the sotry so far is quite short, even if takes lots of quests to complete it and lots of hours, the story is no complete told. Each book have several sections, some of them are called Epic, others just part II and others in another way, yet I can assure you that there´s one that you wont forget about... Epic Book of Angmar.

I´m not going to describe it complete, since i wont be spoiling too much, but all started with Moridrith defeat in Angmar and the arrived of Amarthiel, the champion of Angmar claiming the throne AND a Palantir... awesome right? Just when you think that you just saved the day, there´s always someone waiting to ruin it around he corner. I stop these chain for one reason: Riding all Eriador was not that attractive at is was exploring Moria, so since I reached to the top level, I decided to complete all those quests before going further with Mirkwoods and Morias Books, even with Enedwaith books.

And I spent all the sunday in those quests, like 6 hours of game, and I didnt complete the entire Epic book... It´s not the quantity of quests on it, it´s the horrible time that you waste riding from one side to another if you dont have or either a hunter to help you or Swift Ride enable. Let´s just explore of the quests and later, at the end, I will do a entire review with maps so you can see all the road..

Evendim, this lands are never gonna be in peace.
Since Amarthiel is looking for Narchuil, her ring, she need it to visit Annuminas for a reason that I totally forgot and inside there, Leardal started to show more often in the epic book story. Laerdan is a important character in the chain quest yet, even if is a Elf, you are going to start to hate him for all the things, even if they are noble, thathe does.

Fights in here are always going to be awesome, at least that´s good.

My fist target was taking back Amarthiel´s Palantir under control, and since there was no one available, Calenglad decided thatit was me who should do the nasty work. Thanks to Laerdal, it was not a hard task, yet, he got captured at the end... even if I thought that he got killed due the cinematic movie.

Rogue mode: activated. Target: Adquired "Palantir"

Run Varsalla, run!
It´s quite lame how I retrieved the Palantir, seveal enemies and one fo them was  the champion of Angmar and I just took it like if I were grabbing a ball and then just running away... I was not expecting a fight against the championof Angmar, but at least, while Leardan had business with her, I could take down the others guards.

Once I got the palantir back to Tinnudir, we had to interrogate our prisioner, Mordrambor or something like that. a devoted soldier of Amarthiel that we captured (It´s on some past posts) easily in Annuminas as well. I totally had fogotten about this guy and I pretty sure that even the Wardens did, he is locked in the huge building at north of Tinnudir with only one guard... yes... only one guard...

Varsalla: You know.. one guard taking care of Mordrambor is not a good idea
Calenglad: Why?
Varsalla: I dont know, he is a great soldier...

Varsalla: See? this was just what I was meaning...
These quests are not bad, taking aside the ridin and the waste of time, the funeral quest was, for me, like a nice RP event quest like that I could enjoy with other toons. Sadly, after that quest I was sent to North downs, then to Lonelands, then to Trollshaws...

Funeral quest, I enjoyed this one, was different.

Travelling to Trollshwas at full speed.
Inside Trollshaws I was sent to one of the deeper ruins near the road to Eregion after find out that Narchuil was shattered in the past and now, Amarthiel was looking for both pieces. But this quest after all is not basically to search for the piece of Narchuil, it´s more to understand who in the middle earth is Amarthiel... and what those ruins hidden inside the mountains are for.

From this town you will be sent to expore Trollshaws.

To the West, near the wood trolls lair...

To deep into their lairs... closed places are never a good place for a fight.

To the ruins of the East, under the mountain, which are closed...

Aahh finally, I will uncover the truth of... wait.. do we need a key?

Searching for that blasted key... seems that it´s no in here...
I finally got the key, yet the bad news was that the key was also damaged and only one elf in Rivendell could help me, a jewelcrafter... I didnt know why not the Smithy elf, but well, I guess that the key it´s quite delicate and needsthe work from a jewelcrafter. A jewelcrafter who, looking that you are in a hurry, decides to sent you in the meantime to MISTY MOUNTAINS... to search in GOBLIN TOWN DEEP IN THE NORTH EAST... some GEMS... This is were the quest book was already completely annoying. but I´ll explain that later, in a next post, right now I have to go to work, have a good day my friends and good luck! see you in a bit! :)



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario