viernes, 26 de agosto de 2011

Skirmish in Mirkwood

Mirkwood is, in fact, a big Skirmish with all this issue of the siege and the fortress of Dol-Guldur and the rest of the others instances and Raids, but its not a anormal Skirmish as you go, capture the flag or defend the place, no, no, it[s like a real skirmish, a battle, a epic battle between the forces of the Free people and the Evil forces.

Obviously, it also has some of those small instance-type places know as "Skirmishes" in where you can gain some some of currency to get better equipment and some other kind of items, such as cosmetics or decorations for your house. As you all know, this type of skirmishes consist in surviving several challenages, some of them, as I said before, is mostly about capturing an important place from some ruins or fortress and defend it, others are about surviving waves and waves of enemies.

So far, I have done one in Mirkwood, this type of Skirmishes can be played as long as you have go further in your book quests to unlock them, like in Moria with the three skirmishes in book 2 I think. About this skirmish, well, what can I say? Skirmish are always fun and this one was also fun but a bit.. anarchy from my side.

The Malledhrim who is not gonna help you in the skirmish
awaits for you in the entrance, so remember to add your soldier to get a bit of help.

This Skirmish is about capturing the flag and protect it from some waves, easy going waves and mostly they dont have many leutenients... or I went lucky that time, I can't be sure. I do recall fighting against 3 leutenients and 1 Random encounter in all the run. in each flag that you have to capture, there's a wounded Malledhrim waiting to be saved from the clutches of evil and t's your work to ensure that they will survive. If they die, it doesnt matter, but it would be nice if you at least try to defend them :)
First flag, the only flag that I did in order...
because was the first one. 

The skirmish is based in the Elven ruins now taken by the Marroval, now under another name, with lots of "e" of their name, but in here, they are not a common type of enemy, in fact, floating lights (Like Will'o'whisp creatures) and fire ballons are the common enemies. With Trolls, some of them.

Watch out with the Random encounters!
I can't be sure if its just because I dont run many Skirmishes but this Random encounter was nasty, not only the fact that he was Elite, but also he had 16k health point with him and it was a nasty melee attacker. But sometimes, for Minstrels that's not a real challenge, we can fear them, make them run slow and we can also run a bit faster. :)

No jokes.. Fire ballons...
Some part of the Skirmish are locked with doors, like the Hobbit town free skirmish, and you need to succedd attacking the other points in order to unlock it and go further in the battle, the instance was really funny, i had a great time and I realize that my Soldier, a warrior, need a bit more of traning as well, he got owned like twice in the battles, and that's not the trouble, the trouble was the FAST that he got owned.

The last enemy, a Random guy... totally random guy.


That loves to talk a lot... but offers a nice fight too :)
One of the important things about the Books are the fact that, if you love skirmishes, you need to run them in order to unlock several. So far I have unlocked 4, 3 in Moria wich are fun and short, except the last one that is quite a pain, in Defense of the 21 Hall.... And one in Mirkwood. And I think that there's another Skirmish to unlock, yet I can't be sure, I'm cleaning all mirkwood piece by piece so the books had to get a small break time.

Well, gotta go back to work, in fact, I need to strat working, I arrived to the office and I'm quite alone in here... Sometimes, moments like this, makes me wonder if today is Saturday... sadly, its not, it's Friday...  Well, good luck my friends and have a great hunting!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario