martes, 30 de agosto de 2011

Narmeleth, Laerdan's daugther

This post is going to be full of Spoilers, so please, read under your own risk.

If I have to say that I enjoyed one part of the Epic book of Angmar, will surely be this part, the history of Narmeleth, daugther of Laerdan the Elf. Since I have been walking into Trollshaws, there was always a ruin that got my attention from the very first moment. As I'm quite new in the game, yes, even if I have a lvl 65 now, i dont know all the names of the zones and ruins, I can't tellyou the name correctly of this place, but I can tell you that its located east from the last elvish settlement before Eregion in the elvish lands of Trollshaws.

My first visit to that place was when I were lvl 38  I think, chasing frogs and salamanders around the river to complete some quests so I cul get my rewards easily, I was more lost than questing as usual when I stumble upon some cavern with some stairs inside. That was already to weird to left it uncheck, specially with a elf watching the entrance in silence hidden in the bushes. Sadly, the place had nothing to offer, a old ruin almost engulfed by nature, creepy and damp, with a awesome stairs in the middle that takes you to a closed door.

The entrance of this place... magnificent in fact.

Inner courtyard... a greatly designed place, I really like it.

It was sad, so sad, that I could not go any further without any explanation or reason so I had to leave that place, not before swore that I was going to come back and unmask the mistery that was hidden there. It was impossible for me to think that, after reacheing the top level, I was going to go back to that place once again under the chain of a lvl 50 quest know as "Dread books" for me, or "Epic books" for others.

After going to Misty mountains to find some gems to the jewelcrafter of Rivendell could craft me the keys back, and no, the gems were just a exchange for forging the keys... I went back to the Ruins and went inside to unveil the secret that it hold for years. This quest is awesome, reminds me about Vargrant Story, one of my favourite old games, with the scenes of the past in were you, even if its not concerning you or you weren't there, you magically are transported to the zone and watch those events as if they were happening right there.

Ruins in lotro, the best ruins ever in game that I have seen before...

Using several object in the ruins, you will unlock a mistery of the past, like if the object would tell you the story and after that glimpse of the past, you will have few battles against some lurking creatures that were or even protecting the ruins or just hungry.

Laerdan arrives with a beautiful Elf-Maiden...

From all the NPCs that I have seen before, this one got the prize. at least as long
she dont start to act like a freak...
This story has something to do with Sara oakhearth as well, that little enigmatic character that is always everywhere at the beginning of the game. For some reason, when I strated to play Lotro, I was hoping that she could be someone really important AND good, saldy, I only were accurate with the important.

Laerdan and Sara, talking about Narmeleth.
Narmeleth is Laerdan's daugther that was claimed by the dark powers dring some war or something, that part I had to skip fast for many reason but mostly because I wanted to go out of the chain quest. Thanks to the Valars we have the pools of reflection and I can repeat it again tounderstand more the story of her tragedy. Narmeleth was holding "captive" by her father until he (Laerdan) could find a cure to the evil that was afflicting her. Hidden from the eyes of the enemy and without the ring of power Narchuil, already shattered by Laerdan.

Narmeleth was loosing all her memories with the pass of time.

While you dont know who is her, you could feel a bit of shame for what she is suffering.
But this story is not only about Narmeleth and her days on those ruins under the care of Sara and Laerdan. The false king Mordririth was looking for her as well which means that the hidden secret was not that "hidden secret" after all. This is the only scene of the quest that is quite dumb, since its the bad guys walking... it breaks, somehow, with the flow of the tale.

Well... I guess that they found her with a GPS... These ruins are well hidden...
Eventually, after several glimpses in the past, you discover that Narmeleth is in fact Amarthiel, without the Narchuil influence and in her normal state. Like the rings of powers can twist someones mind, I guess that Narchuil did the same with her poor soul and transform her into that miserable creature that its going to be your pain during all the Epic book.

Laerdan always had one solution for all the troubles "This room has become unpleasent for you...
let me find you another".. No friend, the only help could be
or chained her to the walls or seeking help from other elves lords.
Even with portion of Amarthiel inside her trying to gather control of her actions, when Mordririth and Narmeleth meets for first time she can show some resistance... But vengeance is just to great and the temptation is to strong that eventually she fell again under Amartiel's dark side.

Narmeleth: "No! Stay away! Father! Sara!"
Mordririth: "I'll help you with your revenge..  what do you say?"

Narmeleth: (Amarthiel) "Yes Master" (Add creepy voice)
This is were you realize that eveything was lost and she escaped with the False king once more to find her ring and become the champion that she already was, who was gonna think that at the end of the Mordrirth's life she was going to take control over all the things? I guess that not even the evil people can trust in their kin.

One annoying part of this was Mordrambor or whatever his name is... I grow up sick of this guy in Tinnudir, now in here and eventually I was gonna meet him in Forochel, with her fancy voice and weird way to talk... This guy is quite a evil mind, perhaps a evil mind as it was Amarthiel when Mordririth took her under his care. Ah, yes.. he let you prisoner of those ruins... as a bad joke...

/sighs
The reason why the evil guys here wont won one battle is because they dont even try to kill, they just go for the fancy way alowing you to find a way to escape. Be a man yo evil character! kill me at once or do away!

Anyway, this quest was awesome, long quest and easy even with the fights that has which are weird but maybe necessary as well. Do it, in fact, do all the Epic book but not because of the title or the Turbine points rewards, do it under the flag to understand who is Amarthiel and how she can be defeated.

Anyway, I gotta go, i'm gonna have my lunch now so good luck and have a great hunting my friends, I'll see you in a bit! :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario