jueves, 12 de mayo de 2011

Let the right one in.

I love Vampires, not beause the Twilight saga (Of course) but from Drácula´s Bram Stoker, Jeanne Kalogridis, some books of the clans novels from Vampire: the Masquerade, (Gonna guess the translation of this in English) Necromantic Chronicles of Brian Lumley and some of the book of Anne Rice, such one that Im ready rght now which name is Sanctuary (Santuario, In spanish) which is not bad so far... and yes, I´m at page 10)

It is obviously that I, like the most of the people that loves this genre from the beginning, their first image of a vampire was Gary Oldman in his red, demon-like armor yelling at the cross or the phrase that they loved most was "I do not drink--- wine"; found that lately the movies and books about Vampires are quite "Meh", especially if (I´m my own personal opinion) Twilight.

Dracula...

Yeah, I fight for the church ina  red, demon-like armor...
It´s my Tier 3, Crazy-Prince set.

Who goes there...? oh! oh.. I´m so, SO, sorry.... I´ll just go back...
I have to say that I haven´t read the book and so far I saw the 10% of the first movie, the other 90% I was trying to fall asleep and yelling at the screen, and for what th books is about, I trying to read one because a good friend of mine gave me a more explanation about the book and told me that at least I should read one... which was fair, you can´t go giving critics about a book that you dont even know only because the vampires shines under the sun... and I hold my breath while I was writing, holding also all the curses that I could possibly know.

Yet, the reason why I´m reading this book is because I trust her and she always has a balanced opinion, she loves the Twilight Saga, but she finds also kinda dumb the fact that they... are shinnies.

Anyway, she gave me the name of a movie called "Let me in" which I searched yesterday. I found two versions so I didnt know which one should i had pick in the first moment. and I got the lder one, which is not "that" older, it´s from the 2008, and the other (Which hopefully, if I found it again, I´m gonna watch) is from the 2010.

I´m not gonna speak ABOUT the movie, to avoid spoilers and stuff, I´m not that evil. But I´m gonna say that I had a great time watching it. It has their weird things but trsut me, they were not too many, in fact, maybe like 2 or 3. It´s not a strong movie (In my opinion) but of course is definitly not for children. I recommend it 100%. Wel, so far the Swedish, I haven´t see yet the 2010 film. It´s about a boy, 12 years-old, who meets a girl that looks also as a 12 years-old and how they become friends... and of course she is a Vampire, so life is not pink, and many death are near, supersticions, yelling, blood.. Good thing is that they explain you few good things about the myth of the Vampire, like for example what happens if you dont grant access to a vampire to your house.

Watch it, it´s not a waste of time. specially if you survided Twilight first movie... I haven´t, I still have nightmares about the guy shiny under the sun... and I donr dare to watch the other/s one/s.

This is our human boy and...


Well, yes.. it is obvious, right?
Good luck my friends, and have a great hunting today!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario