martes, 31 de mayo de 2011

I didnt forgot the Flash-drive!

Well, yesterday I reached home kinda late, like at 11 pm maybe 11.30 pm. I wanst working that late at all, I was in the office but waiting for some art printings for a expo that we had to delivered today and since the plotter had that little "lovely" thing about dropping the art prints to the floor, out of the security cloth... few of us have to wait until everything is done.

Yet, my point is, that the first thing that I didnt when I arrived home was having a glass of some artificial drink, orange-flavored, then I saw 2 of my 3 little dogs fighting to get a small toy and I stare to them for a while... Maybe I was hoping for a more savage fight or maybe I was wating for one of the to grow tired, but none of those things happened so I had to grab the toy and leave it above the table. I'm not evil, I'm a judge in the trouble. Anyway! When I arrived home, and I saw my cat sleeping all over the bed, the first thing that I got in mind was: Go to sleep.

But I remembered the Screens of DSII, so I grabbed my flash-drive and then I took a shower and then to sleep.

SO! today, I'm gonna talk about Dungeon Siege II...

The story of Dungeon Siege II is pretty simple at the beginning: You are a mercenary who is working with the bad guy, trying to retrieve a strange artifact from a old Dryad temple in the island of Greylin. As it's obvious, the bad guy arrives and owns you, kills your best friend and leave you to rot in the island. You woke up as prisioner of the Dryads (How nice, right?) and you have to prove yourself worthy to them in order to reach your home.

So, when they release you of your prison (With a ring over your neck that could kill you if you try to go as rebel) and send you to blow some towers, of course, they give you few things able to defend yourself in the wilderness...

Myself, Varsalla of Dungeon Siege II... with the party Neck-ring!

Myself (Again) with some decent gears that I got in my adventures.

The travel is kinda long, you have to cross a great part of the junlge only to find 4 towers in the road that blocks the road (At least).  One thing about this game that I do not like to much is that is a Lienar-based mode. You only have to walk forward if you want to complete the quests and end the game. Some quests, of course, sends you back and foward but it's not a free style like for example Lotro or WoW, or maybe Oblivion, or Neverwinter Nights and stuff like that that you can get lost in the huge map of the game.

This is one of the first towers of the game...

And this is how we roll on the Shire! eeeer... I mean... This is how you "unblock" the way. 
While you have the ring, which is a loooong part of the beginner's zone, you are almost alone. You can make a small group with Lothar or Deru, A Half-giant and a Dryad that are eager to seek some missions and fun and who knows what. And since I was melee and none of them were healers... I went alone.

Kill, kill, kill, loot, loot, loot...

I feel like the lost daugther of Shredder with this armor...
A cool thing to have in mind from this game is that you can make your toon in the middle of the way. I mean, as long you use something, you get better at it. If you use a lot of melee stuffs and some magics, even if you are going melee style, your affinity for the healing and nature magic is going to grown up a bit (a bit only...)

It's so great the feeling of punching a Pterodactyl in the face...
This game is kinda like Neverwinter or Baldur's gate, with WoW and Diablo together in the same glass, quests, drama, personal drama and character drama (Npcs that helps you can have side quests to get involve with them a bit more) and lots of Small bosses.

LOTS of them, LOOOOOTS!!!
Taar is one of my favourite characters in the game, is healer, kinda naive, healer, pretty, healer and healer. Sadly she likes to talk in almost every pixl in the game stopping your actions. While you are frozen listening to her you can see how a great number of enemies usually comes closer or you can try to listen to her until the enmies are closer... so always the dialogues ends at the middle. something like:

*Varsalla kills the last enemy at the entrance of the cave*
Taar: I wonder what are we going to find ahead.
*Varsalla turn and somehow she is frozen listen to Taar*
*Hordes of enemies are getting closer*
Taar: I know a little secret of this cave, there's a misterious secret chamber that contains...
*Dialogue ends and the fight starts, you kill them all*
*Varsalla looks at Taar anxious for the end of the previuos dialogue.*
Taar:...
Varsalla: You were saying....
Taar: What?
Varsalla: Secret chamber...
Taar: What secret chamber?
Varsalla: Gah.. nevermind...

Sadly.. She also has the first Side-kick story of the game, which is quite clumpsy, you only have to kill a great enemy hidden in the forest of the Ha'ku.

Getting the quest!

A somehow great animation!

The cave where Gargatuanx hiddes...

And "Gargantuax" is not of the size of the aniamtion...
but the half of your toon too.
Anyways, this guys is not "easy" if you are trying to go in a small group (2 players). You need a special dagger and lots of potions and spells. 

The rest of the game is basically go forward and forward. some great battles, nice quests, awesome quests, some great enemies and different things. For exampl, you can create your weapons at your like, obviusly at the beginning they are not going to be the best weapons ever, but they can be good enough. The Enchanting system is something that I enjoy a lot of this game. You can make that a single sword get a Ice, fire, lighting and improved min. or max. damage on it... at the same time. As deep as you go into the game, better enchanters are going to await for your gold with better reagents and more spaces to add them in your even better quality weapons.


Everyone has a nice and special attack waiting for you...

Sometimes, the healer can become melee and melee can become healer...
And horribly die in the attempt several times.

Well, to end with this post, this game is a good one, I like it a lot and I'm waiting without any doubt to the third part of the game. (Actually, I need to end this one and end the expa, I just got the expa so I dont know how the story ends) Also, I want to pruchase again the first game and the Expa of the first part as well, this is a Saga that is worthy, in my opinion, to have. Hopefully, in the third part they will get better.

One thing that I like.. is the armor desing. At the beginning you start as a clown, but eventually,
you can look like a nice, decent and brave clown :D eeer Warrior.. that's it.. Warrior...
Ughs... Kinda long this post right? I blame the fact that I'm still without internet at home so I have to resume my usually 4 posts per day recipe in one. Sorry for the extra of Info and for the boring post, as I say yesterday, you know that is not my intention :)

Have a great night and good luck my friends, and a great, great, hunting!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario