lunes, 2 de mayo de 2011

Talking about classes... Minstrels

Well, the time has finally come, and about Minstrels I have to talk now. Time ago, when the world was created, its fate was defined by music; reason why the music its so important in the Tolkien's universe. The Minstrel is the primary healer class of the game, even with few spell for healing, the power of each one is extremely potent and fast. Also, Minstrels can be Dps and Buffer class, even if I think that the Buffer class is not good enough... but nah, ignore me, I'm a dps from the heart.

I can speak about this class with more propierty than about the others, Varsalla is a Minstrel and she it's my main, already at lvl 51 and leveling in the deeps of Moria doing quests with at least 3 lvls more than her. Minstrels are, even if they dont seems too, extremely good at Soloing. The excesive emergency buttons that they have are enough to avoid several death chances. Specially "Still as dead" skill, which resets all aggro and makes the enemy ignore you.

Still, this class is not like playing in the easy mode, it has been on my attention that deep further in the game, the medium armor for minstrels is nt what it used to be at earlier levels, so in the same way that enemies are getting stronger, your armor is going a bit down... and you are nuking sometimes real fast. Fears, feign death, instant heals, debuffs, attacks that grants buffs for the Minstrel, stuns... all of this is found in the Minstrels armory of skills.


The traits of the Minstrels are divided in 3 easy ways: Healers, Damage per Second and Buffers.

The Watcher of Resolve:
If you like to keep your group alive and healthy without expose yourself to the fron line of the battle, the Healer trait is for you. I, in my own opinion, found this a bit stressing but sometimes is fun. They are the most wanted class in a group, since Tanks are plenty and Dps... Well... Everyone is Dps.

LF1M: Healer, Minis only plz! (I hate that!)

The Protector of SOng:
The Buffer trait for the Minstrels, based in debuffing the enemy a bit and making your allies a bit stronger in battle while you do some dps as well. Also, his power is barely depleted (For what I read in some posts) in battle, not like Dps qhich they actually have serious troubles with power, like healers too. If you like to be in the middle of the battle, attacking, helping and healing... Maybe this is the trait for you; to be honest: I never used anything from this trait.

"Are you READY to ROOOOOOOCK?!!!!"

The Warrior-Skald:
This is the Bloodthirsty, barbarian mode of Mintrels. Even if you look at them as a light-effect box, all their attacks are nasty. Not only with the high critical chance that they are granted by fate, but by the spells, traits and everything else. Their deadly attacks can buff him and debuff his enemies at the same time for a short time, sometimes enough to fix any "Trouble" with someone. Yet, they lack of healing power... Since they need to have a Dps mode on (Warspeech), the healing effects of their spells are pretty low, and they can be barely used in battle. Always keep some potions with you.

This guy tries to look badass in here... sadly, I dont see him badass... more like a
annoying character in any Anime or something...

I like Minstrels, I love Minstrels in fact, and I do recommend them as well. Yet, keep in mind that you need to be focused in the moment of the game and you need to be swift in your attacks, or you re as good as dead.

Well, this is the end, my friends, for my point of view of the classes. I left Minis at the end for obvious reasons and I started a Captain just to see how good they were, and I guess that I have to say a overall opinion of the classes... right?

All of them are good enough to try it eventually, just be sure that you can find which suits you more and what do you wanna do with it. If you are focused on Dpsing, maybe in healing or Tanking, if you wanna do fast attacks or maybe some slowers attacks that are as triple as stronger than the fast ones. One handed weapons? Two handed? Dual weapons, perhaps? Light, medium or heavy armor? Range or Melee? you need to have all of this in mind at the moment of picking a class and a race.

For the moments, I'm leaving the blog for few minutes, need to end my things at the office and stuff, but I'll be back a bit later with who-knows-what :) Have a great time and good huntings my friends! good luck!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario