sábado, 19 de marzo de 2011

Gondamon under siege!

One of the features that the game have are the skirmishes. some sort of a small Instance that you can do solo, with someone else, Three player, full group or I think that even Raid group. In these small places you have a similar objective: Capture teh flag. Eaither later you have t run to another flag or even defend it, it changes with the map.

For the Free to lay account you can access tow Skirmishes, A hobbit town in trouble and the siege of Gondamon. Both maps are quite different, and not because one is in Ered Luin and the other in the shire, or because one is a Dwarf town and the other is a Hobbit town. 

In Siege of Gondamon you have to defend the central city atop of the hill, with three possible way-in entrances for the enemies, and a lot of central run, from west to south, to north, to south again, and west, and north... yes, it`s painful because it`s random. While in the hobbit town of Tuckborough (skirmish called Trouble at Tuckborough) you have to take backthe small hill where the hobbits lives, now under the control of the brigands.

I like more Gondamon, even with the more running than the other, is quite a bit more epic, since at the begining you start fighting the forces of the Evil people and then, at the even: Kapaw! a dragon appears... a samll one, but dragon still. and the fact that everything is always random makes it better. In Gondamon you count with Mathi as the faithful leader located in the middle level of the city, and in each door a helping guard or even train master who is gonna aid you in the battle, and yes, they can die, so you have to protect them.

They are more like a small dps buff thatis alays tickling the enemy on his back.

I decided to enter in Gondamon with Varsalla few minutes ago, while I`m waiting to go out to the movies, I thought that it would be a great idea to make a small and fast skirmish. One of the features of this skirmish is that you have a small soldier with you, he can be a bannerman (Buffer mostly I think), a Warrior (Dps melee), herbalist (Healer), Archr (Range dps), protector (Tank-like dude) and maybe another, barely remember. For Varsalla I took the Protector, but once inside I saw that I had the helping friend in Warrior mode.. so yes, I had no tank. Good thing is that a lower levels the fight is not that hard, so I could manage a bit.. unless with the troll leutenient who had me running like a crazy elf inside that town.

Oh, yes, the enemies are not only those easy to defeat mobs, they also have leutenientes who are also random, you dont know when they are going to show up, or which oen is going to be... Every one of them have a special abilitie, some casts sparks, others fills your dreard, others acts like a nasty champion, others uses flames, and trolls... and there's one troll, that I got lucky in not seeing it in this skirmish that has a special shield on it... Yah, a full plated, magically, troll.. that's what I call a tank.

I could take a screen of the siege, well, only one, this one is:
By this moment, the last attack was going to be launched.. enemies were moving from all sides!
Even if they are moving from all sides, they only enter by one entrance and by small groups. Not too epic, but enough for this level.

So, you can do this places ith several players and for each number of players, you can actually add up too 3 difficult lvls, and to be honest: Tier 1 can be a pain already, I tested once Tier 2 and I died a lot, and I'm scared of Tier 3. Each Tier has differents leutenientes I think, at least the same of Tier 1 appears in Tier 2, but not all the Tier 2 Lt. appears in the Tier 1. It's like a mini raid for those who loves the danger and stuff. I mena: Eventually me. gonna do it, eventually.

Well, I'm getting ready to go out, good luck everyone and see you all later!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario