miércoles, 16 de marzo de 2011

Instance quests, our real foe.

The instance quests in the game are maded for one reason: To make us fail. They seems to be easier and normal sometimes, and some of them are, but there are few that are actually a bit tricky enough to make you fall in a trap with no escape.

When you are a minstrel, you know that even if you have some cool spells and perhaps several instant attacks ready to strike your enemy without mercy, you know that those attacks are not the strongest in the game and your defenses are lower than normal so you wont be taking too much damage before you hug the floor. I knew that and I was ready to fight them... well, in fact, I was ready at lvl 11, when Langlas sent you to the Dourhand emcampment but I decided to learn some new lvls and then strike.

I saw something funny in those places, for example, in the dourhand encampment, that the last boss hits a bit harder than normal, and when I mean a bit harder than normal Im just being polite. That dwarf is trained to kill anyone who is careless. Good luck for me that I had potions and Langlas survived the encounter as well. when I ended that quests, while I was thinking seriously in not making the other, I had a thought: "Var: Go ahead, you have to do it". So I accepted and started the quest "Rescue by moonlight".

As many of you know, the last part of that quest is onboard the ship that is on the docks and the captain yells for help making two strong dourhands arrive to bother you a lot. I knew that and I decided to be ready for anything. When that happened I used the cry of the valar on one, haunting him away while I killed the other fast and then, the captain. for some reason, that fight was a lot easier that the encampment one but obviusly, nothing was perfect.

My fear bugged the guy who ended running somwhere in Kheledul. I checked on that dock and nothing so I decided to take a swim. "Maybe that filthy dwarf is on the water" I tell myself, angry, while I jumped into the water just to find that the guy was running in the bridge section of Kheledul... funny part: You can jump back into the docks unless you reach the mountain side and fight some more mobs. Eventually I killed the guy in the Mountain side, and headed back into the ship with caution, killing more dourhands. I had my screen with a warning message about a triggered bug and that I should go back where that dourhand could reach me.

Then I ended the quest, and went into Rath Teraig for the normal quest before the last instance quest of the zone, thinking that maybe Turbine didnt want me to get the Undying title and those were proof about it. What a crazy dude you must be, thinking that, right? the best part of all is that I know that place like the palm of my hand, is a easy circled zone with several few creature enemies, like the meat ball creepy thing that I dont remember is name, bats and spiders at north and south mostly while in East, middle and west is mostly goblins. I have been there like.. I truly dont remeber, my rune-keeper was a Elf, while my Warden and Champion are both elves and I have several elves (Fail toons mostly) in other servers and I never seen this guy before:


Yes, is not a rare mob, is a goblin in a goblin zone but Im sure that it was another trap agianst those who seek the undyng title. also, this goblin dont run: he walks all the way to the souther barricade which I had to go eventually for my Rath Teraig explorer deeds. And also, in all the way, branches of heavy ash were wating to be recolected.... And Im a woodworker. something was weird, inst?

Anyway, I ended my quests there after a while, walked behind that goblin for like 5 minutes, got the things that I wanted and I was ready to face the last instance quest of all, attacking the goblin city called Crookdell. or something like that. At the beginning the quest was going easy, even with Avorthal´s choice of NOT attack the spear-goblins in the cliff, which was our first objective after we saved Mathi. "Hmm weird bug... maybe because i was quite far looting the first pat" I thought. we finally arrived to the main door of the last part and one of the goblins decided to run for his life while his morale was at like 7 points or so so I decided to leave Avorthal against him... Can you believe that I killed the other guy and Avorthal didnt killed the dying goblin? why? a goblin with a unnatural dodge? the goblins parried his attacks from behind? that goblins had a tower shield protecting his back all the time and a full plate? well, Avorthal just decided to miss all the attacks and wait for me to kill the entire, brand new gobln and then smite the dying one with my shouts.

Good thing that we were ending that place. The last fight was  bit normal, even if I decided to stay away from the middle to have a advantage of the terrain for that fight, I got all the aggro in the place at the moment thatthe goblins entered in the battle. In that point, I did not really care, I won the battle and I wanted to go out of there, I just needed to kill few goblins and I did it. without dying!

I'm still on my journey for the Undying title, but this time, learning more than usual. Instance quests are a serious business so I'm gonna take them with extremely caution from now.

Have a good day everyone, and I'll be back possibly a bit later with another post.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario