lunes, 21 de marzo de 2011

Random encounter!

Yesterday I had a random encounter. I was leveling on the Lone lands and I arrived to the second questing encampment near the occupied goblin fortress of Mina Eriol. This encampment have so far 5 NPc in it. 3 quests givers and one guardian. They give you quests for the middle of the Lona lands as well for the Eastern part of Mina seriol, where the goblins are signature type, a little bit more stronger and serious business.

I started with the outside quests, kill some half orcs, retrieve some boxes, kill some prowlers and gather their skins and meat, defeat several wargs, you know, the normal stuff. The reason why I did that? because I know that inside Minas Eriol the fight was going to be nasty enough and if I had the chance to gain another lvl before I had to do those quests, was going to to be better.

At the end, I never lvl up, so I had to gather courage and enter into Minas Eriol by myself, and arrived to the encampment and crossed the bridge where a Lore-keeper and his bear where fighing at against a goblin. I could say that the Lore keeper had a horrible fight, and I can´t balme him, this place is kinda hard for us, the light armor users and spellcasters as well. I ignored the Lore-master and went inside the ruins ready to kill goblins, prepared against everything.

At least that was what I thought.

While I just attacked at the goblin, from the nothing and without saying a words, this Lore-master decided to drop me a invite for a group. Maybe I'm more of the old style, but I like to be asked if I want to be in a group or not. Since the place was a hell, I decided to keep aside my old ways and accepted. When I saw the nameof the Lore-master the only thing that was on my mind was: This can´t be good.

Our friend, mister "Dangerousyou Dangerous, Warg hunter" made the trip a little bit to ackward for my taste. I'm not the best player on earth and I can´t ask for the best group as well, but at least I can ask for a little of common sense, right? I mean, if you have a bear, you have it to tank for you and do damage as well.. not for huging it at night when you are going to bed. Well, "reaper", (The bear) was on passive mode and he didnt attack once.

I tanked all the place, maybe that's why Turbine give us a shield, the know that we can be a fast gather aggro class since all our attacks are faster, almost instant. So I´m happy that I had a shield with me by the moment. at the beginning it was funny, I feel like everything was good enough (Taking the passive bear aside) and we were doing great. Untl I saw something that made me think: the Lore master was not attacking as well. I mean, he attacked, like 2 times per mob, while I was attacking a full rotation even with heals.

Since I dont like to be a mean person, I decided to keep him on the group, even if someone does 3 of damage per second, it's a help, better 3 than nothing, right? Well, our fight took us into the deepest part of this Goblin fortress, to their leader, which it was a hell of a fight. at least I know that in the boss, he attacked more, like 4 times. (By the way, I didnt know that the lore masters had fantastic animation while they attack, reading a book casting the spell, stuff like that.)

At the end of the fight, we had to go back again and kill the respawn of goblins that were near to us, and I noticed that our friend loved to make crowd control, I said to myself: "Well, this is not bad, at least he can work on that". Also, our friend loves to break the crowd control that he was doing finely! yay! well, it was funny, I usually break also the crowd control when I'm nevous.

We ended the place well and no one died, and while I was getting ready to say something like: "Well, the end of the journey is here my friend, good luck!" and I got  whisper. Iwish I never had that whisper in my life, to be honest.

"Now you help me, k?"

I was like "WTH!!!", still I keep my calm and asked what he need it. he needed the treasures that where near we were before, when we were running back. I took a large and deep breath and tooked him into the spider zone, to get those quests. Of course, I was honest, but polite, and said: "And for the record, there's no "Now you help me, k?" I was having a hard time in that place and you werent of much help.. as your bear too" but I think that he ignored me; so well, we went into the spider place.

That part, at least was easier, I did it alone recently and I knew where the things were at. But the point of all this is: That random encounter... I thought that only happened on other games. I mean, You can't go running somewhere and toss a invitation to a group to someone that you really dont know, being of not too much help, or help at all, and then say: "Now you help me, k?" There would be no trouble if he had said: "I need your help with a quest, can you help me?" but the "Now you help me, k?" is quite non-polite.

At the moment I was like "$#$&$$)!#$#$)!! this $&$!!" but now I'm just having fun with that, at least I didnt died and I learn that those random encounters can be a bad business sometimes.

I got two screens, mostly because I was kinda amazed about his name, It's not my style (I preffer actual fantastic names rather than things like that) but it was worthy to take a screen of. Or maybe at the moment I had in mind to put him on my Forget-about-it list.


Behold my friends! Mister Dangerousyou Dangerous, Warg hunter! (*applauds*)

And his pacifist bear, the reaper!
 Well, this is my story of this Random encounter. What I learn about it? Never, ever, make groups so randomly, unless you have in front of you the guy that you both need to kill and he looks nasty enough. well... no.. that's not a good thought about, let say that the meesage of this story is: Be polite, this is what it really matter on this game: be polite.

No one can be the best player ever, and we should not be looking to find the awesome dudes or ladies in game all the time, but if you are polite enough, you are going to leave a good impression, and at the end, that is what it really matters. He was not a bad Lore-master, he just need it practice and so I need too. I was attaking so fast and was kinda of a lone player in a group.

Well, today is update day! wohoooo! I dont know what this update brings to my class, so I have to check it now, I only read so far about the places, Evendim overhaul and instances. for the moments, have a good day, and see you later!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario