lunes, 14 de marzo de 2011

Varsalla, The minstrel.

When I installed the game my first reaction was looking forward for the classes, since in races I was already decided NOT to be a hobbit and there are only 4 choices in total. I was looking for a new, easy and  brave class to play with so I decided to check out the Champion, Dual one handed, or two handed user, heavy armor, decided and ready to kick some goblin's butts eventually.

But the hunter looked greater, so I decided to sacrifice armor and good looking weapons for range, fast killing and bows. And I cant say that it was a bad idea, because I really love my hunter, is my main, and it will be my main for now.

But from the multiple choices that I could pick, the minstrel had my "What the hell" look. Fight with musical instruments? Sing and yell at enemies? Light armor? It is a healing class, after all, and it was great for Lord of the Rings mithology. Since Magic, as arcane magic, is kinda "no" after all.

Eventually, I tested all the classes, and the time to make a Minstrel had arrived as well. It was the last class that I decided to test, I had that horrible feeling that I was going to hug the floor every 30 - 45 seconds, with my dread high and depressed.

I made a Dwarf minstrel, "hehe, funny" I thought when I saw him. I did my first attack with my lute and I was like "Holy.. this is going to be bad... BAD..." but I started to level him up slowly and I didnt died like I  thought. In fact, I died at lvl 15 in a instance quest searching for that dumb Elf in the Dourhand camp. I had a horrible lute, ugly looking set, and a dirty beard for smoking long bottom leaf at least 6 time per lvl.

And the veredict was complete: the Minstrel Class is, so far and in my opinion, the best class that I have played on the game after the hunter. (My hunter is kinda special for me, so, I love it)

I usually play on Silverlode and I used to play on Crickhollow just to test each class and toon until I found what I like more. Varsalla born in Crickhollow server, away from my hunter and my champion, and my Warden and my Rune-keeper. Reason why I decided to get the bundle to buy a new character slot on Silverlode.

I got my bundle and I swap to Silverlode, with my mind clear and ready to get the new bundle and making Varsalla on Silverlode. But I saw all my toons, my beloved Hunter, which she was not going to dissapear from the game, my Champion, a brave elf (Female as well) with dual hammers. and I found out that I like Champions too.

My warden, ugh, what a painful class for me, Gambit system, 3 attacks with several combinations, you have to remember all those combinations in order to do your works, works as well as Ranged dps or melee dps or Tank character, auto-heals, medium armor, shields, able to use spears and good looking desing (as character). This class was maybe not meant for me after all.

And my Rune-Keeper, high dps, light armor but able to heal, with a simple rune system, several reputations almost complete, my only male toon, a elf too, since dwarves were not of my like either... So I erase him. I decided to keep the warden just to push myself into a class that I dont like and prove them that I can play a warden as well! (Thunder in the background) yes, I was not going to give up easily, erasing the hard one, but I had a Range already, and my minstrel could do the healing duties, so I didnt need the rune-keeper after all.

And Varsalla was born, from the same disaster at the refuge of Edhelion but revamped, ready to sing some... wow, that sounds wrong... ready to yell at every enemy in my sight.

For now I have a goal... Be Varsalla the Undying.

1 comentario:

  1. Nice! A new LOTRO blog!

    I feel your love for the hunter. Jestro Sneak is my main, a hobbit hunter, who I love but of all my alts, the one I enjoy most, and am frantically working to level to cap, is my elf minnie. look forward to more from you.

    ResponderEliminar