miércoles, 30 de marzo de 2011

Towns of the Middle earth!

One thing that I like about this game are the cities and towns and campment. they actually looks like a city, town or encampment. Well done turbine, honestly. I was sick of those games in were you get a quest that says that you have to go to the city of "whatever-land" to deliver a important letter. After days and night of travelling, under the most harsh enviroments and figthing against the enemies of the nature and living things, you finalle reached the city just to fond that there are only like 10 persons in it, and three normal houses.

Come on, that' s not a city! that's just a... I dont know what that even is, but it's clarly not a city! Maybe a tiny group of houses or something, and that's just a "Maybe". in Lotro I have found out that this guys are not lying at all. when they tell you to go to go to the city of "Insert-a-name-here" They are actually saying the truth. Bree is huge, Rivendell it´s huge, Michel Delving it´s huge, Thorin´s hall is enormous! and that´s just few of the main cities that the game have... and the only ones that I only know so far too.

Not all the regins in the game have cities at all, some of them have towns, settlements and more. I`m not so sure what "Ost" means... beside of "Original Sound Track"... I mean, in the game. Must be somethign like settlement, town, mayor town, but most the (Let´s call them for now settlements) settlements in the game have the Ost at the beginning. Ost Baranor, Ost Guruth, Ost Forod and many others around Eriador and others lands.

When I walk inside each one it´s like, "Well... where do I have to go to... Wow.. What a place this is" and somehow this makes me happy in this aspect of the game style. Since the maps are larger than many others games that I have tested (Well, excepts perhaps the Barrens, in WoW) I guess that it´s right to make towns and cities bigger too.

Let's take a look to Ost Forod, in Evendim, for example:

crafter´s place, at Ost Forod.

Ost Forod, from the main "door" (Which is a crumbled piece of structure)

View from the South, Ost Forod.

Middle, (Yes, middle) level of Ost Forod, at the end you can barely see the
crafter`s place.

Upper level of Ost Forod, and I just realize that I missed another part of the town.
See what I'm saying? this places are huge! Maybe Ost means towns... And now that I'm thinking, maybe ruins, I dotn know, but of what I'm sure is that the townw in here are bigger than in many others games. and yes, i forgot to take a screen from another twoparts of the Ost Forod settlement: The merchant middle lvl and the Ring of fights... Because they have one and it´s kinda nice. Useless, but nice.

Now let´s take a look to the small campment at Tinnudir...

This is the encampment. A small ruin that serves as meeting place.

And not far from there you can find this huge structure (I have screen of this one in other posts)
where some other Wardens are. Still, they dont call this place a town, or a city, but a settlement.

Even with all type of merchants and crafters! But still a settlement!

And to reach to a end in this post, I'm gonna leave you with these screens of Annúminas, which I had to take from afar since all the guys in there are kinda nasty and higher lvls for me.

Behind the castle in the island: there`s a huge city with its OWN map inside the map of Evendim.
It is good to see that this matter, for little that they could be, are well kept in mind when they were making the game. It gives to the game a air of "Reality" that helps to enjoy the plot and the escenary. 

Well, I'm off to work, see you later and good luck!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario