lunes, 18 de abril de 2011

2 Minstrels and 136.573.879 quests.

That´s how the name of the Vol I, book 7 chapter 1 should be called.

They gave you the quest in the city of Aughaire like at lvl 44 or so, maybe less. They told you to go somewhere in the East and find a campment full of dwarves and search for the rangers in the zone. Once there, you meet the only survivor of a massacre at the horrible gargoyles and tells you to go "Somewhere north" in order to find his kin.

What he did not tell you is that in the middle, you have to fight with normal orcs, Uruks, Angmar forces, Wights, Barghest, spiders, severed arms, ghosts and evil spirits... all of them of at least lvl 47 and up... and 47 IF you are lucky enough... Usually are at lvl 48 and 51, and some of them are signature, some elite and some normal. Good thing that I had in my road to that Council fortress a friend of mine, another minstrel, called Firadama.

Two minstrels in the same group could be a long party two defeat since both are healing and attacking. Well, in my case I was only attacking since my healing is... low. Yet, we did great, she is a dedicated healer with the goal of keeping everyone alive and I´m like a lightgun dedicated only to use my AoE attacks. Yet, she is doing a awesome damage too, I´m inclined to think that she was doing more damage than me, or at least missing the hits less than I.

I helped her to reachlvl 45 withthe seven swords quests. Since I did that quest in the past few days, I had the places and faces of each one of them marked in my memory and it was easy to find. In fact, we killed one twice... was my mistake, but who really cares. Right? Finally, we reach the dwarves of the north, picked some quests there and we were reading to go.

The quests in that zone are kinda great, it could be that I have a obsession with the undeads in the game, or maybe just because the title in there is one that I really want: Varsalla Darksong, Destiny of the Accursed. It could be both to be honest, too. It´s a shame that some of those quest are most of the same than any quest in ay game, go, kill, retrieve and come back.

One thing that you should know about these quest: Stay out of the water if you have to attack. especially if you are a Minstrel, loremaster or Runekeeper. The water properties makes you fall into silence which makes your comabt almost null for ten secs. Enough time to deactivate a bomb or to drink a glass of water... not to mention that you can also get killed in the game in 10 secs.

While we were in Dwarven city 2, we had to fix our gear and tusff.
And pick some wight-slayers quests too.

After those quests, we headed to the Council of the north zone, the road was kinda... dangerous. even if my screens dont show that, trust me. It was. it´s just that I didnt had the time for taking screens in the middle of the killing and fighting.

At this point I was like: "Gah.. left, right or north?"

I picked right, and I was right, yet we had some fights too.
At least Fira got some ancient ore too :)

This was the easy part: Swim across this lake to reach the ramp.

And this part was kinda creppy.. the Ramp.
I hoped to see good friends ahead and not anything else with claws and swords.

This part has few quests, but most of them are fellowship.. in fact, now that I remember, all of thema re fellowship quests. is inside the base that they hand at you some normal quests.

Finally.. the guy that I was looking for...
wait.. what? do I have to go inside? >.<

The... "base" of the Council of the north. a Cave.
big cave, but a cave never the less
Yet, inside I got few good quests for lvl 49, good enough for me since few of them were solo groups, sadly, the best rewards were under the flag of the group quests. Turbine, you should make few less small fellowship and felloship quests. I have tons of them. TONS.

Right now I´m know to them, I mean the Council, not Turbine. got some things that they liked and they were happy to recieved them as well so the gave me a title and some Tp too. It was decent from them, specially after all the perils that I had to suffer (Not along, remember that Firedama was with me) riding there.

Well, I have to go, bt first, check the last screen from the base and read the weird tooltip that I got... I thought it was a bug, but I can´t be sure.

Well, good luck and good hunting friends!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario