miércoles, 13 de abril de 2011

Talking about Classes... Captain.

I know almost nothing about this class. So Far I have a Captain lvl 16 in one server which I do not remember which one is, and it's been a long time since I have played with him. Right now, in Silverlode, I have a Captain called Noela, She is at lvl 10 and got her first dude-follower of the game. For what I read fo this class, and which causes me a great intrigue and curiosity, is that the Captain is capable of many things, but is not the best at all.

Let's say that is like the swiss-army Knife, can open a bottle, being used as screwdriver, as a abrasive file, Open a can, has scissors, has a small hook and many other things that in some moment could be useful to us. That's the captain. Our Swiss-army knife.

Captain lvl 10...

Captain lvl 65....
A player that uses the Captain can find in the character a debuffer, healer, some-how tank, and buffer at the same time for short period of time, this makes this class awesome for lvling and perfect to understand the game in all their little tricky things. The captain is a Human-only class, Can use shields, light, medium and heavy armor, and lots of different weapons, yet cannot dual wield the one handed kind.

A good thing of the Captain is the Herald that follows him all the time, is a permanent buff and pet capable to attack and inflict some damage, so far, I have a weak dude with a flag so I can't be sure if they can inflict several damage.

Like all the classes, you can pick your traits from 3 different talent trees. Leader of Men, Lead the Charge and Hands of Healing.

The Leader of Men:
For what I read, is a attacking-buffer-lovely-player that will make your fellowship to do more damage, and faster, which is always something good. Can't say if is a good choice to lvl up with, but I'm sure that you can go to raid with this... And Hopefully I'm not wrong, if I'm wrong, just ignore that suggestion :)

If you pick this tree...
dont mean that you are the Leader of the group :)

Lead the Charge:
I'm lost in this Talent tree... I see the a Captain with a shield but I see the abilities and all of them are like: Hit hard, Hit twice, Better damage, Hit Hard and twice... I guess that this is a Main Dps tree of this class which now is whispering *You have to try me with your captain* at my ear... Can't say too much about this one, sorry.

This is so... confusing... and atractive...

Hands of Healing:
Seems that you can do some Dps with this talent tree and serve as well as a emergency healer, like a panic button that can handle damage and healing at the same time. I just read that the Captains have a spell called "Escape from Darkness" that allows you to revive a friend, out or inside combat. Pretty sure that they must be really needed in Raids eventually. Or at least, more acceptable than many.

I dont like healing... But this tree seems to be funny
and kinda heroic sometimes.

My own Opinion: Is not valid in this class for now, since i haven't played with them long enough to say "Hell yeah! they are the best!" not even "Meh... I dont like them... they are useless", so my advice is: Go and play with them, there are many captains running around all the time, so I'm guessing that they are fun to play with and necessary in every point.

If you wanna know somethign great about them: You can summon a oath-breaker as your herald! So woot! a undead fellow for you and your friends!

I'm, gonna check some videos on Youtube about this class and read a bit more. Possibly, and eventually, I'll be posting someday a more dedicated article about them. Good luck my friends, and good hunting!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario