martes, 12 de abril de 2011

Swords!

If someone asks you about a "Knight", the few first things that arrives to your mind are: Armor, Swords and Shields. It is normal to associate One handed swords with knights rather than huge two handed sowrds, maybe maces or axes. In fact, is more easy to associate a Axe with a Dwarf rather than a Axe with a Knight.

In my opinion, Swords are the best good looking weapons ever, and since Varsalla is gonna use only swords, no matter what, I'm gonna talk about them for a while. A sword (As we all know) can be a long or short, edge and pointy piece of forged metal with a grip to handle it. Is one of the most common medieval weapons and the most classics in the stories. Usually, swords are simbols of hope, class, honor; rather than other weapons that are less "fancy" like a uber huge two-handed axe! or  two handed hammer of death! ehem... Where I was...?

The swords are simbols also elegant ornaments in statues, some uniformes, and pieces of display for their delicate but strong quality in their forging. I'm not at home right now, but when I'll arrive there, I'm gonna take some photos to my small collection of swords <3 Yes, this is the reason why Varsalla uses Swords... they are awesome.

I really like swords a lot, they are easy to handle, have some tolerable weight sometimes (Unless you are going Viking-berserker mode) and they can allow you to do some expectacular movements like in the movies... Of course, in real life the battle with swords was mostly "The first that hits: won". I'm looking forward to find a nice and good looking sword in the game, while I'm sure that perhaps I'm gonna end swinging a mace or dagger... My bad luck, I guess.

Some pics that I got from Google:

A classic sword.

Recipe for a Bronze sword of Agi +2

uuuhhh... No words...

See? Elegant weapons!

There's always a choice for each occasion.

Concept Art of a game that I have no idea...
I just clicked the pic and drop it in my desk as fast as I could.


Lotz of  'em!!

Dwarven axes? HA! that's coz you haven't wielded a dwarven SWORD!
BARUD-KHAZAD!!!!

No matter which... They all looks deadly... except the number 3 and 4 that even in
a plastic model looks deadly....
Well, I just wanted to post something and I was looking swords at that time... so... There is my post, hope you like it! See you later, good luck and good hunting!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario