sábado, 9 de abril de 2011

Dungeons and Dragons... Online!

Oh yes, I have to say that the first game that I checked (From Turbine) was Dungeons and Dragons Online. I was bored from others games and I saw the banner in some page that said that the game was free to play. I thought it for a while.. like 50 or maybe 45 seconds, and I reached to the only concluion: "Hell yeah, let´s see what this is all about".

The game is actually pretty fun, a bit different from others games ince is quite based in the classic Dungeons and dragons game, the table version. I know that the game changed a bit, not so sure how much, but I know it changed a bit. When I used to play it, you could pick between Dwarves, Elves, Humans, Halflings, Drows and Warforged races, and betwen several classes, such Fighter, Cleric, Monk, Ranger, Mage, Sorcerer, Paladin, Rogue and so many others.. I think that even Bard was a option, but I can´t remember.

Much more than Lotro, the game is based in Instance-like adventures. Each adventure that you got in the game was a small Instance (Or HUGE instance) that you had to beat. Each of them were able t make it from Solo to full group. Of course, some of them were designed for only solo, and some for a group.

The Team work in here is pretty much heavier than in other games, most of the things can be done for all the players, except dedicated things (A complete pally can´t use lock pick, things like that), and the game tested your abilities in some more action rather than just fight, fight, fight... There´s a instance like set alled "The Furnace" or something like that, located at the district in the north of the Market, were he uber-uber defenders are at... Geez.. that place brings me only bad memories...

Sadly, I didnt took many screens of the game in my time, I guess that I could update the game and see how much has changed in the last months, but for the moments I can only say: Take it a try; it could seem a bit rough at the beginning (in playing-wise) speaking, but the game is a different alternative in what MMO´s is all about.

Some screens:

The places are so well ambientented in thisgame.

Shame that the places have the cliché name.. like The decrepit Catacomb...
but still it sounds awesome :D

Remember my friend Alawren? from WoW? this is her, DDO version :)
I know Kung-fu "Two-handed sword" style!

And kung-fu "Two-handed AXE" style too!

Dhana, the Power ranger - Me, the colofull wizard - Lathir, the techno-samurai warrior.

if I have to say somethign that I didnt like about the game, I could say that it was the Armor design. It was so focused on Epic that sometimes it looked just... weird. Reminded me a lot of the Power Rangers and their foes.

Anyway, gonna drive to the city for a while, and gonna leave the Pc doing the necessary update for DDO,
I´m feeling curiosity now. Good luck and good hunting!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario