viernes, 29 de abril de 2011

Talking about classes... Guardians

The guardian is the Tank class, by far, which even has two set traits that are only for tanking. I´ve never rolled a Tank before in this game... well, at least a Guardian, to be honest, farther than lvl 4, maybe 6. But for what I have looked at the bonus traits and kind of abilities, one of them is made to control aggro by damage, and the other is maded to control aggro with skills.

Maybe, also, the difference is just that one is for one-to-one tanking mode while the other is all-vs-the-world tanking mode, still, I can´t be sure. Guardians have also a talent tree maded for dpsing, which as far as I know is kinda not wanted between the dps world. This makes me wonder if I should make one just to try it.

Maybe, some of you dont know what is a Tank in this type of games, but I´m sure that mostly must know what is it. Yet, since I´m a bloodthirsty Minstrel... er... Nice person, I´m gonna explain it. Tanks are the brave one in the world, maded to take and take as much as they can in damage-wise. they are the front line in war and they must be supported directly by the Healer. Their skills are maded to control aggro (Enemie´s attention) during all the battle, and they can take damage not only from one source, but even from many sources. And yes, they usually use Heavy armor and shields to help with the mitigation and they can usually use some heal spells on them.. Not so sure if this last part applies as well for Guardians.

the Defender of the Free:
This trait seems to be the one that I like to see as Controlling Aggro by using attacks, applying damage and against many targets. For the Tank classes I find not much to say about, I mean, they are one of the most centered players due their responsability, making the healers the more dedicated and the Dps the most "kill-loot" class... This tank, anyways, seems to be versatile, but maybe not stronger than the other specc.

I{m gonna be honest: Why only heavy shields looks that awesome?

the Fighter of Shadow:
Again, I know othign about these traits, but for what I have seen, these guys seems like they can handle more time than the Defenders, but they wont be doing as much as damage as them. maybe this guys are just like a wall waiting to be hit by a battery ram. This is, honestly, a class that I found hard to maintain.

"I´ll knee-cap you! Come over here!
The Keen Blade:
Finally, the dps one! Yes, these traits is based to Dps the heel out of our foes all the time, and maybe maded to resist in case of emergencies and certains moments. A guardian dps sounds good, at least for those who love to go in the opposite line of the road, even if everyone is telling yuo not to do so. I mean: Me. Look at me? I only wanna dps with Varsalla, instead of healing. :) This is a trait set that I must have to tray for sure!

It looks awesome... I have no doubt!

Well, this post reached an end, and I know that it has not been of help at all. Since I usually go a bit stressed inside instances and in many fights, the Tank option is kinda far for me. For my own mental sake, i must saty as dps sometimes... but I have tanked.. instances and Raids... and it´s awful!

Well friends, good luck! and have a great hunting! the week-end is about to START! happy weekend and see you tomorrow or a bit later :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario