miércoles, 20 de abril de 2011

The intro for Moria, III

Well, we are nearly the end for the first part of the intro of Moria... What? Why did I said "the first part" of the Intro of Moria which has already 3 posts? easy: This is not gonna end in here. When I told you that the Intro for Moria was a long and great quest chain, I was not lying, it's long and great.

In this post we are going to review the Black Pool, and the Session play of the Fall of Moria.

The Fall of Moria.

It is funny to get a quest which quest objective is: "Do not Fail at the Fall of Moria." This could mean many things: 1) Do not be a hero. 2) Whatever you are going to try to do: Moria is going to fall. 3) Dont Fail at failing.

I have to be honest... I broke the three things above. I tried to be a Hero, I tried to stop the fall of Moria and most embarassing of all: I Fail at Failing. How on the middle earth this can be possible? Easy enough, let me start with this part fast. The Fall of Moria quest is a session play in were a Dwarf is telling you what happened in Moria in the ancient days when in one night, was conquered by the shadows and fire. (Woot! sounded, epic, I know... right?)

Before heading complete to the Pick-axes duties and stuff, I decided to complete another quest that a dwarf told me to, which is hearing the story of Moria of years ago. In this Play-style, you get a Dwarf to play with. A Guardian. I was IN Moria as a DWARF... I was kinda O.o and :D at the same time.. it's kinda hard to explain and better with funny faces.

Yes.. that stinky dwarf its me...

And this is Moria *Mistery song*

Inside Moria, the objective is clear, live in the very last day of this dwarven city during the rise of the Balrog of Morgoth. You are Nafni, a devoted and trusty guardian of Durin VI, that are most likely a messenger rather than a guardian. he gaves you two objectives: Talk with a dwarf and welcome the elves of  Lorién that are there to help with some troubles in the mines.

Durin VI, Lord of Moria.

The Elf... er.. Dwarf Nafni-Varsalla, the Minst.. eeerr Guardian of Moria...

Woot for Lorién! By the way, one of the girls has the same
haircut as I.

After letting know Durin VI that the elves arrived, you must be present in the first "some-sort-of-meeting" between them were the Elves ask something and is, in fact, true, but the dwarves lie about it.. I cant be sure, I wasnt looking at the text too much, I wanted action! the dwarf in me woke up!
  
blah, blah, blah STOP TALKING! Giv'me some orcs to cut off with my axe!
After that, you are sent down to the Mines of Moria, were all the mithril is hidden from the middle earth~
and...
Uhh... Somethign went crazy.. can I kill it?

What the bloody...?

This water... is the reason why Moria stinks... Balrog's pee.

After killing those ugly guys, I helped the miner to break down a already-visible destroyed wall and...
Woot! Mithril!... Wait.. that's not Mithril...

And as my king went to battle.. and the only reason why I'm this close is...
That I went to battle as well...
This was the part when I failed at Failing. I died defending my king from this hideous, foul beast! AND lost the quest... The sad part? My ego was hurt. The worst part? I had to wait 10 mintues to retake the instance quest. Obviously, I went to find somethign to eat, cursed turbine, cursed my king, cursed the miner, cursed the balrog and cursed Morgoth as well during those 10 minutes.

But later I went back...

And left my King to die alone, I was NOT gonna wait other 10 minutes more.

And the Balrog was pissed with me, I dont know why...

But thanks to this foul creature, I could escape and while I was hearing the elves yelling and cursing my race... eeer.. dwarves... Durin's son escaped and I completed the quest.

Well, I guess that this post went just too long, so I'm gonna take another post... later.. to end this quest chain. For now, have a great day my friends, and good luck!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario