viernes, 22 de abril de 2011

Let´s talk about...

Thorin´s Hall...

Yes, the dwarven city located at the North-west of Ered-Luin, in the icy mountains of the map Which is under the reign of Dwalin. This is maybe one of the most shocking towns that Shadows of Angmar has, Not only becuase it´s big, but because is just pretty shocking to see how well maded is, and kinda majestic as well.

I usually dont visit this place at all since I have barely thing to do in here, one of the reason could be the Weaponsmith Crafting guild, ut since I´m thinking in changing my craft guild, this leave me withal most nothing to do in here. Rather than, eventually, claim some rep items when I get them... I saw ppl in the advice channel saying that they use Thorin´s hall to reforge their legendary items there but it´s kinda "meh for me since there´s a guy in Rivendell who can do the same.

Now, while Bree-town is "awesomely" (And yes, I keep just butchering the english, perhaps) maded to make you feel like if you were in a human city, and while Rivendell looks like more than a town hidden in the mountains.. wait.. that´s exactly what it is... nah, anyway, Thorin´s hall is just more like a fortress feeling. At least for me, when I go inside, I feel like if I were in a enormous fortress and quite safe as well, could be perhaps for the huge statue at the beginning or just for the fact thatis hidden inside a mountains, possibly carved in a old HUGE cave or possibly that the dwarves just digged too much and workes so hard.

Only when you are looking at the entrance, you can say "Wow... this must be awesome..." and I´m not lying at all...

This is just part of the front door...

Oh, before I forget... Attached to this huge city there´s a town too, so I decided to forget the town part and go as near as I can in the main stairs to take the pic... yes... there´s more stairs behind me.

Thorin´s statue, just at the entrance.

From the Statue´s point of view.
I´m pretty sure that inside these hall the echo must be awesome... also, each time I´m in here i just wanna yell, sadly, you can... I mean, minstrel´s can yell, but there would be no echo at all.

Leaving behind the statue, you have the great hall...
Which is divided in two, you can go to the left or to the right to reach different part of the city, in one side there are just dwarves selling stuff, rep stuff, fishing and boring stuff... while in the other, you can see the forges! and underneath the main hall: THE TAVERN!

This thing means only one thing: Everyone in this town is united by the meat and the beer. easy enough to say.

I present you... the tavern!

Forges of Thorin´s hall... you can actually feel the idea that is hot in here.

Left side of the map, where the stading rep guys are at, and the fishing people.

From Dwalin´s point of view, more of the main hall.

And just to be diplomatic and polite.. Dwalin.

Thorin´s hall is a great looking city, I like a bit more Bree town for the feeling that you can feel in there, yet this city has better modeling duties on it, the ilumination is just even greater than any other city in the Shadows of Angmar content... it is also a little bit boring to walk, since is just to simply and there´s no shortcuts to anything, but still. It´s good to visit it once in a while.

I know that you may be thinking: "Why is Varsalla running back into old content...?" Well, I have no answer rather that "Some quests are sending me back in here" or just "I realized that I foorget to say anything about this before..." or even "Weird, I know.. right?" But even if is old content, it´s just good enough to revisit and talk about the great work that Turbine mad ein here.

And yes.. A quest sent me back here so I took the chance...

Well, I gotta go, now i´m at Michel delving waiting to deliver almost 234 Well-kept mathoms to see if I can free some bank space and gain some rep with them. Good luck my friends and have a great hunting!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario